Footcare needs

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by news, Feb 6, 2004.

  1. news

    news Guest

    Now open,

    Need footcare information or products? Look no further than <a
    href="www.footproducts.net">www.footproducts.net</a>

    We are dedicated to providing you with up-to-date foot care information and products at lower-than-
    expected prices.

    Your News Agent, www.footproducts.net

    Tags:

  2. Bj

    Bj Guest

    Not only spamvertizing, but overpriced products at that. bj

    > We are dedicated to providing you with up-to-date foot care information
    and products at lower-than-expected prices.

    > www.footproducts.ripoff

  3. Julie Bove

    Julie Bove Guest

  4. news

    news Guest

    "bj" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Not only spamvertizing, but overpriced products at that. bj
    >
    > > We are dedicated to providing you with up-to-date foot care information
    > and products at lower-than-expected prices.
    > >
    > > www.footproducts.ripoff

    How else does one advertise a new site on the internet? Spam is a part of the net that we need to
    accept! Some is good but most is useless..

    As for our prices, please email [email protected] with suggestions.. We priced out
    competitor's sites and our products were less than theirs.

    For instance: http://www.gelsupports.com/heelsupports/wondersport_silipos.htm shows a product we
    sell for $20 less.

    We are not only a store, we strive to provide as much footcare information as possible.

    Thanks for the feedback!

    -News @ www.footprocuts.net

  5. Bj

    Bj Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > > > www.footproducts.ripoff
    >
    > How else does one advertise a new site on the internet?

    You BUY AN AD on a web site!!!!! What an outrageous thought. You use the right techniques to show up
    in results of searches.

    > Spam is a part of the net

    Unfortunately. The cockroaches of the online world.

    > that we need to accept!

    No we don't. Especially in groups whose charter does not allow commercials.

    > Some is good but most is useless..

    A rare piece is at least amusing. Yours is not among them, but does illustrate the typical "useless"
    type, and annoys your targets to boot. I'm not crossposting this. We'll see if you have the moxy to
    follow newsgroups singly, and if you have the nerve to continue bothering us here. bj

  6. David Wright

    David Wright Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    >"bj" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:<[email protected]>...
    >> Not only spamvertizing, but overpriced products at that. bj
    >>
    >> > We are dedicated to providing you with up-to-date foot care information
    >> and products at lower-than-expected prices.
    >> >
    >> > www.footproducts.ripoff
    >
    >How else does one advertise a new site on the internet? Spam is a part of the net that we need to
    >accept! Some is good but most is useless..

    You set up a web site and get yourself listed with google and other search engines. You don't do it
    by spamming newsgroups, most of which are non-commercial. Usenet is not here so cheapskates can scam
    a little free advertising.

    We don't need to "accept" spam -- we need to target the people who post it and drive them from us
    like whipped dogs.

    -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net These are my opinions only, but they're almost always
    correct. "If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my
    shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

  7. On 8 Feb 2004 17:19:47 -0800, [email protected] wrote:

    >How else does one advertise a new site on the internet?

    There are a number of *legitimate* ways. Unfortunately, they all cost more money than spamvertizing.

    So, we find our inboxes gavaged with offers for v.i.a.g.r.a and no-risk N.i.g.e.r.i.a.n
    investment funds.

    >Spam is a part of the net that we need to accept!

    Spamming sites are a part of the net that we need to reject.

  8. Julie Bove

    Julie Bove Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > How else does one advertise a new site on the internet? Spam is a part of the net that we need to
    > accept! Some is good but most is useless..

    Huh? Spam is no more acceptable to me than people who call me on the phone to try to sell me things.
    I'm not too keen on junk snail mail either, but of the three, I find it to be the least bothersome.
    I can tell at a glance and can throw it right in the round file.

    Have you not heard of all the things that are currently being done to stop spam? I don't think it is
    acceptable to anyone. People who use their computers at work do not have time to sort through junk
    looking for real e-mail. And some people still pay by the minute or by the hour for an Internet
    connection. Why should they have to pay to read your spam?

    <more spam snipped>

    > We are not only a store, we strive to provide as much footcare information as possible.
    >
    > Thanks for the feedback!

    My feedback is that if spam us again, I'll report you to your ISP. You have been warned! Get your
    website listed on the various search engines. It's easy to do and if done correctly, people who are
    looking for the types of products you sell will find you quickly. Take out ads in appropriate
    magazines and publications, or even on the radio. But do not spam the newsgroups. That's against
    Usenet rules.

    --
    Type 2 http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

  9. [email protected] wrote:

    >How else does one advertise a new site on the internet?

    If you don't know, then what the bloody hell do you think you're doing running an internet
    business?! Didn't you do your homework first?

    >Spam is a part of the net that we need to accept! Some is good but most is useless..

    Accept, my ass. All spam is bad. All spammers are bad. They are criminals who steal the services the
    rest of us pay for. Therefore, they deserve no pity, no understanding, and no mercy whatsoever.

  10. Talkback

    Talkback Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > "bj" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>Not only spamvertizing, but overpriced products at that. bj
    >>

    >>>We are dedicated to providing you with up-to-date foot care information
    >>
    >> and products at lower-than-expected prices.
    >>
    >>>www.footproducts.ripoff
    >

    > How else does one advertise a new site on the internet? Spam is a part of the net that we need to
    > accept! Some is good but most is useless..

    Why don't you grease up your feet and go coast to coast distributing flyers?

  11. Peanutjake

    Peanutjake Guest

    > "bj" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Not only spamvertizing, but overpriced products at that. bj
    > >
    > > > We are dedicated to providing you with up-to-date foot care information
    > > and products at lower-than-expected prices.
    > > >
    > > > www.footproducts.ripoff
    >
    > How else does one advertise a new site on the internet? Spam is a part of the net that we need to
    > accept! Some is good but most is useless..

    Not only is your advertisement in violation of this groups charter therefor making it

    SPAM SPAM SPAM

    the violation also makes it

    FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD

  12. Bj

    Bj Guest

    "Julie Bove" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Huh? Spam is no more acceptable to me than people who call me on the
    phone to try to sell me things. I'm not too keen on junk snail mail either, but of the three, I find
    it to be the least bothersome. I can tell at a glance and can throw it right in the round file.

    Snail mail junk is getting increasingly bothersome too -- a lot of it seems to be "personalized", so
    I have to open & shred it. bj

  13. Julie Bove

    Julie Bove Guest

    "bj" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Snail mail junk is getting increasingly bothersome too -- a lot of it
    seems
    > to be "personalized", so I have to open & shred it.

    Yeah, I have gotten some of that type. Sometimes it looks like a bill or it's simply so vague that I
    have to open it. At least I've finally gotten rid of the Fingerhut mailings. I used to get them for
    years and I'd get three at a time because they had my name spelled three different ways. Each time,
    they'd come emblazoned with the words "This will be your final catalog...if you do not order!" What
    liars they were! Hehehe.

    --
    Type 2 http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

  14. Amanda

    Amanda Guest

    "Julie Bove" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    > > How else does one advertise a new site on the internet? Spam is a part of the net that we need
    > > to accept! Some is good but most is useless..
    >
    > Huh? Spam is no more acceptable to me than people who call me on the phone to try to sell me
    > things. I'm not too keen on junk snail mail either, but of the three, I find it to be the least
    > bothersome. I can tell at a glance and can throw it right in the round file.
    >
    > Have you not heard of all the things that are currently being done to stop spam? I don't think it
    > is acceptable to anyone. People who use their computers at work do not have time to sort through
    > junk looking for real e-mail. And some people still pay by the minute or by the hour for an
    > Internet connection. Why should they have to pay to read your spam?
    >
    > <more spam snipped>
    >
    > > We are not only a store, we strive to provide as much footcare information as possible.
    > >
    > > Thanks for the feedback!
    >
    > My feedback is that if spam us again, I'll report you to your ISP. You have been warned! Get your
    > website listed on the various search engines. It's easy to do and if done correctly, people who
    > are looking for the types of products you sell will find you quickly.

    Tell him/her to go to www.ewebgold.com or www.ignitesite.com to get his websites displayed in the
    top listed sites for shoes as search engines results are displayed. Ina nother word, he has no
    right to spma in usenet.

    I have no associations with the websites I provided, not currently.

    > Take out ads in appropriate magazines and publications, or even on the radio. But do not spam the
    > newsgroups. That's against Usenet rules.

  15. Tom Burns

    Tom Burns Guest

    [email protected] wrote:

    > We are not only a store, we strive to provide as much footcare information, spam, and newsgroup
    > annoyances as possible.
    >
    > Thanks for the feedback!
    >
    > -News @ www.footprocuts.net

    Get your foot out of your mouth.

  16. Tom Burns

    Tom Burns Guest

    Carey Gregory wrote:

    > [email protected] wrote:
    >

    >>How else does one advertise a new site on the internet?
    >

    > If you don't know, then what the bloody hell do you think you're doing running an internet
    > business?! Didn't you do your homework first?
    >

    >>Spam is a part of the net that we need to accept! Some is good but most is useless..
    >

    > Accept, my ass. All spam is bad. All spammers are bad. They are criminals who steal the services
    > the rest of us pay for. Therefore, they deserve no pity, no understanding, and no mercy
    > whatsoever.

    AND NO BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!