Footplant help.

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by abbabibble, Jan 13, 2006.

  1. abbabibble

    abbabibble Guest

    ok.
    So here's how i (attempt) to execute a footplant.
    I can't hop huge sets of stairs yet, or launch myself extremely high
    yet, so i've been practicing on benches and short blocks of stuff, and
    whenever i plant my foot, i can get up and launch back off sometimes,
    but then the padals spin with the wieght of my other foot and i fall.
    on the rare time that the pedals didn't spin, i landed with my wieght
    WAY too far forward and took a spill into a tourist a few yards away...
    any help and advice would be appreciated, such as tricks i should learn
    first to help with technique.

    --
    abbabibble

    Cheers, Mat.
    BUY SUPERUNI SHIRTS ON ZAZZLE.COM!
    'Whatever you do, DON'T click this link. Unless you have like, an hour
    to do some serious buying of shirts. I'm serious. DON'T CLICK IT.'
    (http://tinyurl.com/954wy)
    --"to maxis: STOP. GRAMMAR TIME." -Fwgen0moB?
    "abababilbel" - General Dibbles
    abbabibble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10751

  2. Murde Mental

    Murde Mental Guest

    Take your time to start off... just go slow up to the bench, plant your
    foot... take time to wait for your pedals to align if they're
    spinning.. then when you feel confident jump back on.

    repeat this over and over... and you'll get the hang of putting
    pressure on your pedals just before leaving them so as to keep'em
    straight. You'll also gain confidence in jumping back to the pedals.

    Hmmm another approach is to let your non-planting foot keep on spinning
    the unicycle at the same speed... it takes mroe practise but then it
    becomes more of a timing thing than focusing on keeping them straight.

    --
    Murde Mental

    "You make love demon style." ~Kristine

    Oh here's to my sweet Satan. The one who's little path would make me
    sad, whose power is Satan. He'll give those with him 666. There was a
    little toolshed where he made us suffer, sad Satan
    Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463

  3. litldude2

    litldude2 Guest

    So are you taking both feet off the pedals or are you keeping your
    nonplaning foot on? For just normal footplants I keep my other foot on
    and I end up pushing it down and right before I land back on it I pull
    it back up. It is kind of wierd, it looks like a forward half rev to
    backward half rev in my footplant. If you plant with your forward foot
    then you probably won't have that problem though.

    --
    litldude2

    Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
    Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com
    _____________________________

    chosen wrote:
    > wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*

  4. abbabibble

    abbabibble Guest

    i'm trying to do it with leaving my nonplanting foot on the pedal.
    the fact that i was trying it with my MUni probably wasn't helping
    either...

    --
    abbabibble

    Cheers, Mat.
    BUY SUPERUNI SHIRTS ON ZAZZLE.COM!
    'Whatever you do, DON'T click this link. Unless you have like, an hour
    to do some serious buying of shirts. I'm serious. DON'T CLICK IT.'
    (http://tinyurl.com/954wy)
    --"to maxis: STOP. GRAMMAR TIME." -Fwgen0moB?
    "abababilbel" - General Dibbles
    abbabibble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10751

  5. Murde Mental

    Murde Mental Guest

    abbabibble wrote:
    > i'm trying to do it with leaving my nonplanting foot on the pedal.
    > the fact that i was trying it with my MUni probably wasn't helping
    > either...

    can't hinder much either...

    --
    Murde Mental

    "You make love demon style." ~Kristine

    Oh here's to my sweet Satan. The one who's little path would make me
    sad, whose power is Satan. He'll give those with him 666. There was a
    little toolshed where he made us suffer, sad Satan
    Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463

  6. abbabibble

    abbabibble Guest

    you have a point there, murde.

    --
    abbabibble

    Cheers, Mat.
    BUY SUPERUNI SHIRTS ON ZAZZLE.COM!
    'Whatever you do, DON'T click this link. Unless you have like, an hour
    to do some serious buying of shirts. I'm serious. DON'T CLICK IT.'
    (http://tinyurl.com/954wy)
    --"to maxis: STOP. GRAMMAR TIME." -Fwgen0moB?
    "abababilbel" - General Dibbles
    abbabibble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10751

  7. maxisback

    maxisback Guest

    I take both foot off and make my cranks do a crankflip.. it's the only I
    can do it.. u might wanna try that

    --
    maxisback

    Quiters never win, winners never quit , the ones who never win and never
    quit are just dumb
    maxisback's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10885