Footplant help.

abbabibble

Guest
ok.
So here's how i (attempt) to execute a footplant.
I can't hop huge sets of stairs yet, or launch myself extremely high
yet, so i've been practicing on benches and short blocks of stuff, and
whenever i plant my foot, i can get up and launch back off sometimes,
but then the padals spin with the wieght of my other foot and i fall.
on the rare time that the pedals didn't spin, i landed with my wieght
WAY too far forward and took a spill into a tourist a few yards away...
any help and advice would be appreciated, such as tricks i should learn
first to help with technique.

--
abbabibble

Cheers, Mat.
BUY SUPERUNI SHIRTS ON ZAZZLE.COM!
'Whatever you do, DON'T click this link. Unless you have like, an hour
to do some serious buying of shirts. I'm serious. DON'T CLICK IT.'
(http://tinyurl.com/954wy)
--"to maxis: STOP. GRAMMAR TIME." -Fwgen0moB?
"abababilbel" - General Dibbles
abbabibble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10751

Take your time to start off... just go slow up to the bench, plant your
foot... take time to wait for your pedals to align if they're
spinning.. then when you feel confident jump back on.

repeat this over and over... and you'll get the hang of putting
pressure on your pedals just before leaving them so as to keep'em
straight. You'll also gain confidence in jumping back to the pedals.

Hmmm another approach is to let your non-planting foot keep on spinning
the unicycle at the same speed... it takes mroe practise but then it
becomes more of a timing thing than focusing on keeping them straight.

--
Murde Mental

"You make love demon style." ~Kristine

Oh here's to my sweet Satan. The one who's little path would make me
sad, whose power is Satan. He'll give those with him 666. There was a
little toolshed where he made us suffer, sad Satan
Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463

So are you taking both feet off the pedals or are you keeping your
nonplaning foot on? For just normal footplants I keep my other foot on
and I end up pushing it down and right before I land back on it I pull
it back up. It is kind of wierd, it looks like a forward half rev to
backward half rev in my footplant. If you plant with your forward foot
then you probably won't have that problem though.

--
litldude2

Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com
_____________________________

chosen wrote:
> wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*

i'm trying to do it with leaving my nonplanting foot on the pedal.
the fact that i was trying it with my MUni probably wasn't helping
either...

--

abbabibble wrote:
> i'm trying to do it with leaving my nonplanting foot on the pedal.
> the fact that i was trying it with my MUni probably wasn't helping
> either...

can't hinder much either...

--
Murde Mental

"You make love demon style." ~Kristine

Oh here's to my sweet Satan. The one who's little path would make me
sad, whose power is Satan. He'll give those with him 666. There was a
little toolshed where he made us suffer, sad Satan
Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463

you have a point there, murde.