Footwear

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Jon Schneider, Jul 19, 2003.

  1. I'm looking for something that is trainer like (in comfort and looks though could probably cope with
    velcro type fasteners), can take a heavy downpour and either

    * stay completely dry inside

    or

    * saturate as I am happy to do this time of year then dry out afterwards without staying horrible
    and soggy for long.

    Most normal trainers seem to need time in the airing cupboard.

    I have used sandals but they're only an option in the summer.

    Do cycling shoes behave like this with water ? I'm not really planning on getting into all this
    clipless stuff at the moment.

    What do you suggest and what type of socks ?

    Cheers,

    Jon

    Tags:

  2. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    [email protected] wrote on 19/7/2003 4:00 pm:

    > Do cycling shoes behave like this with water ? I'm not really planning on getting into all this
    > clipless stuff at the moment.

    Depends on the shoe. I find that with clipless pedals, proper cycling shoes and overshoes when
    rainy, my feet mostly stay dry. Clipless is a big advantage here as you can use neoprene overshoes
    which are Absolutely Spiffing.

    Guy

  3. Dave

    Dave Guest

    news:BB3F2697.100E%[email protected]...

    > [email protected] wrote on 19/7/2003 4:00 pm:
    >
    > > Do cycling shoes behave like this with water ? I'm not really planning on getting into all this
    > > clipless stuff at the moment.
    >
    > Depends on the shoe. I find that with clipless pedals, proper cycling
    shoes
    > and overshoes when rainy, my feet mostly stay dry. Clipless is a big advantage here as you can use
    > neoprene overshoes which are Absolutely Spiffing.
    >
    > Guy

    I use neoprene overshoes over my trainers (berghaus walking shoes), comfy warm and dry ;-)
    Cheers, Dave.

  4. Frank X

    Frank X Guest

    "Jon Schneider" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > I have used sandals but they're only an option in the summer.

    Sandals are fine in the winter, wear black socks and people won't notice ;o)

    When it is really cold, Sandals + neoprene overshoes are just as warm as Shoes + neoprene overshoes.

    I will admit my sandals were a little cold to walk through the snow, earlier this year, when I had
    to get off because the snow blowing in my eyes was blinding me.

  5. Nick Kew

    Nick Kew Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, one of infinite monkeys at the keyboard of
    "Frank X" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> I have used sandals but they're only an option in the summer.

    I don't so often cycle in sandals - the pedals tend to go through the soles.

    > Sandals are fine in the winter,

    Indeed.

    > wear black socks and people won't notice ;o)

    Socks? What's the point of wearing nice comfy sandals and then wrapping the feet up in socks?

    I just tend to use trainers for cycling.

    --
    Axis of Evil: Whose economy needs ever more wars? Arms Exports $bn: USA 14.2, UK 5.1, vs France 1.5,
    Germany 0.8 (The Economist, July 2002)