footy problem

smallyke

Mar 6, 2004
i have a problem always when i want to train wether it is outside or on my mag inside i get knee pain.(my saddly height is correct and my bike is all made out of my own measurements)

i do however have a flexible forefoot and quite high arches when i run i have shoes with insoles.

I was wondering are there insoles availeble for cycling and where do you get them?Also could it be that i just started cycling again that that is the problem?

The pain aint a sharp pain more strainin and quite progressive somethimes i also think it is my muscle going in my knee that hurts.Somethimes i think its he knee its not really something i can say but its uncomfortable.

Anyone suggestions
(i cant cycle longer then 30 minutes on my mag before i give up of this tense feeling not sharp pain or so)

smallyke said:
i have a problem always when i want to train wether it is outside or on my mag inside i get knee pain.(my saddly height is correct and my bike is all made out of my own measurements)

i do however have a flexible forefoot and quite high arches when i run i have shoes with insoles.

I was wondering are there insoles availeble for cycling and where do you get them?Also could it be that i just started cycling again that that is the problem?

When I saw your subject, I thought you had a question on Football -- the European kind. Otherwise known as Futbol or Soccer. I imagined a question like: "so, how do I keep from falling off my rollers/trainer while watching a game and a superb goal causes me to jump off the saddle & shout 'goooooooooooaaaaaalll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'"

Heh heh... all kidding aside, I personally use "SuperFeet" insoles for everything from my commuting cycling shoes, snowboard boots, ski boots, and street shoes. http://www.superfeet.com/

If you have custom orthodics (you mentioned you run with insoles), you can use them in your bike shoes as well...

I have moderately high arches / a moderate supinator.

Also, knee pain may not be the result of the support from your shoes. It could be an indication that you need to adjust your saddle forward or back and up/down to give you the best fit.

You can search the internet for help, take your bike to a good bike fitter/shop, or check this reference:

http://www.coloradocyclist.com/bikefit/

Hope this helps.