For a moment, let's assume they're all doping

I do not know what I am talking about but there may be a correlation to the introduction of clip less pedals and the increase in speed since 1983.

Just a hypothesis, Now remember correlation does not mean cause and effect.

basso97 said:
I do not know what I am talking about but there may be a correlation to the introduction of clip less pedals and the increase in speed since 1983.

Just a hypothesis, Now remember correlation does not mean cause and effect.
That's one, better roads, lighter bikes, better aerodynamics, better bike parts, better training, better legal supplements (Gatorade, Extran, etc.) are others that Flyer chooses to ignore, just like he ignored the fact that I proved he was lying about the "dramatic increase" in average speed. Now he'll post one of his answers that has nothing to do with what I actually said because he has no way to defend himself directly.

House either did not read today's paper or chose to ignore more facts which crack his foundation. Look pedals, courtesy of Bernard Tapey and the Hinault/Lemond show did not explain Sean Kelly's ability to out sprint them both while using clips.

Nor does House's organic dreams explain away today's brutal news that former Cofidis riders, which now include Bobby Julich and Kevin Livingston were awarded the best dope. Or that team members got so loaded on Pot Belge that they had contests on how to climb up the outside of the Hotel using the balconies only, no elevator or stairs.

EPO is the single biggest performance booster in the past 100 years. Prior to that it was the invention of the 'wheel'.

House go boom, as in Laguna Beach hillside property.

House said:
That's one, better roads, lighter bikes, better aerodynamics, better bike parts, better training, better legal supplements (Gatorade, Extran, etc.) are others that Flyer chooses to ignore, just like he ignored the fact that I proved he was lying about the "dramatic increase" in average speed. Now he'll post one of his answers that has nothing to do with what I actually said because he has no way to defend himself directly.

House continues to discredit himself by endorsing Gatorade (a Pepsi Product) which is just another form of soda pop, loaded with processed sugar.

Gatorade and a hot, hilly ride, punctuated with frequent hard accelerations will make you cramp faster than you can dry puke out your guts.

Stick with House's stupid coaching tips and you'll die a miserable death.

No wonder House is so clueless about PEDs, he knows virtually nothing about hydration either.

USA Cycling and the NFL feature Gatorade for one reason only: Fat Endorsement Fees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can only imagine that House recommends McDonald Burgers, greasy fries and a milk shake as an amino acid feed.

House go double boom!!!!

House you better pray you don't see me on the road, with or without my team, you'll get hurt, bad.

I weep for anyone coached by house. Ugghhhhh.

House said:

Read my last sentence in my previous post and then read Flyers posts.:D

Hey Flyer when do you plan on stepping up to my various challenges? Hell, if you are so right one of them would have seen me post a thread about you being right and leaving here for good! I guess you haven't found your balls yet...either that or you know that you are filled with lies and half-truths. Gotta go, I'm laughing too hard at what a joke you are.

You keep sucking away at your processed sugar drinks, you imbecile. The sugar helps the non athletes believe that they are healthy (NOT!)

You referring to me as a liar is tiresome. I am concerned that you are obsessed with my balls. You are off your rocker grandpa!

Your preposterous theories of how clipless pedals somehow explain away doping revelations marks your position in the mud.

It's idiotic as are you.

This forum is about the facts: and they prove that doping is a daily problem for professional cyclists as well as many amateur cyclists. Just recent facts of Hamilton, Perez, Camenzind, Plankaert, Millar, Sassone, Lotz, Perkins, French prove the problem is on-going and widespread.

Cycling's doping problem is as bad as exists on this planet--and thus deserves serious and thoughful attention.

No more mindless rants from sugar driven dehydrated losers!

House said:
Read my last sentence in my previous post and then read Flyers posts.:D

Hey Flyer when do you plan on stepping up to my various challenges? Hell, if you are so right one of them would have seen me post a thread about you being right and leaving here for good! I guess you haven't found your balls yet...either that or you know that you are filled with lies and half-truths. Gotta go, I'm laughing too hard at what a joke you are.

Anyone know where to get some of that pot-belge and some high fructose corn syrup?
Flyer said:
You keep sucking away at your processed sugar drinks, you imbecile. The sugar helps the non athletes believe that they are healthy (NOT!)

You referring to me as a liar is tiresome. I am concerned that you are obsessed with my balls. You are off your rocker grandpa!

Your preposterous theories of how clipless pedals somehow explain away doping revelations marks your position in the mud.

It's idiotic as are you.

This forum is about the facts: and they prove that doping is a daily problem for professional cyclists as well as many amateur cyclists. Just recent facts of Hamilton, Perez, Camenzind, Plankaert, Millar, Sassone, Lotz, Perkins, French prove the problem is on-going and widespread.

Cycling's doping problem is as bad as exists on this planet--and thus deserves serious and thoughful attention.

No more mindless rants from sugar driven dehydrated losers!

Lol, house give it a break will you! You can argue better then that!

Btw the gunners won 1-0 from man u;) I have to say man u was better! So did youre stocks go down?:p

House said:
Flyer takes the coward route and avoids stepping up...AGAIN!

I certainly agree EPO, Aranesp and blood transfusions are the biggest performance enhancers to date but they are nowhere near as effective in long events like the major Tours as they test in the lab or how they are hyped to be. People take them because winning vs. top 10 is a matter of fractions of a percent and EPO will certainly provide that. But nothing works miracles and what you can get from drugs is some improvement at the margin. A domestique is still a domestique and a bad day is still a bad day.

There are far too many variables involved in the production of a winning effort for a single drug or even a handful to successfully modulate all the factors. If your natural hematocrit is 44 you can pop an anticoagulant and boost yourself up to 60 with EPO but your results will be no better than if you had only gone up to 48 because the next steps in the process of turning that extra O2 into speed on the road aren't up to the task.

Most of the use of EPO these days is during training, to try and get the rest of the systems to adapt to a higher level of performance (as well as avoid the testing during races).

The mind is still the biggest untapped performance enhancer, or destroyer, there is. If a 50 kg woman can lift a car off her kid, you can certainly bust a nut to win a mountain top sprint if you can reproduce what went on in her mind at the time. Conversely if you believe you need drugs to be competitive and get busted and have to stop using them, your beliefs will guarantee your failure regardless of your level of natural ability.

I am one of the biggest cynics around but boiling anything in life down to a single factor is just ridiculous. Does Isidro Nozal have big ears, nose, feet, and a deformed jaw from using HGH? Almost certainly (though it could be inbreeding). Does he ride as well as he does only because of drugs? No.

I think the reason cheating in sports draws such fury is because people live vicariously through it and try to make up for the disappointments of their own lives through the success of their sports heroes (or kids in the case of all the psychotic sports parents). When that runs afoul they are left with their own lives and none too happy about it.

Mansmind said:
Under that assumption, what kind of performance do you think we would see if they were not?
There would be much bigger differences in the mountain stages. A lot of riders would break down completely after three climbs.
In the time trial at the end of a major Tour, they would ride poor times due to recuperation problems.