For all you Dura-Ace lovers

HAHAHA awesome...
I worked with the lead shimano components designer last year.
I wonder what his reaction is to this.

Heh. In the 98 Tour De Toona, the husband of one of the Snow Valley riders snapped a DA crank arm. Down he went too! I think that was the first year of the hollow arms, and he happened to get a bad one.

I had this happen with a Campy crank a few years ago on a climb in a stage race. I about lost a testicle when that thing came off!

Wow that would suck. I had a look pedal body come unscrewed from the part with the spindle once, but I was spinning away on flat ground, so no crash. I was just suddenly flailing around in the air with my leg, still snapped into the pedal, but not getting much forward progress out of it.

cydewaze said:
Wow that would suck. I had a look pedal body come unscrewed from the part with the spindle once, but I was spinning away on flat ground, so no crash. I was just suddenly flailing around in the air with my leg, still snapped into the pedal, but not getting much forward progress out of it.

sh!t happens. a friend of mine, riding that campy ****, broke his bb spindle. he ended up in the ditch with a bunch of scrapes and bruises. campy, shimano, fsa, whatever...bad things can happen no matter what gear you ride.

rv said:
sh!t happens. a friend of mine, riding that campy ****, broke his bb spindle. he ended up in the ditch with a bunch of scrapes and bruises. campy, shimano, fsa, whatever...bad things can happen no matter what gear you ride.

Does anyone remember the Laurent Fignon incident some years back? He was riding out of the saddle when his left crank arm broke (could have been the axle too I gues) and he saw the deck HARD!

Not sure if he was on Campy or Shimano...

Eldron said:
Does anyone remember the Laurent Fignon incident some years back? He was riding out of the saddle when his left crank arm broke (could have been the axle too I gues) and he saw the deck HARD!

Not sure if he was on Campy or Shimano...

Fignon was riding Campy with a titanium BB.....I saw a photo of that incident in a magazine once, it was during one of the Spring Classics in the mid 80's i believe. The bewildered look on Fignon was priceless.....