For I-Pod users

landotter wrote:
> Sorni wrote:
>> landotter wrote:

>>> Oh the "don't wear headphones because it's againt the law on a bike"
>>> vs the smug "I'm so special I don't need to obey the law"
>>> discussion?

>> He said smugly.
>>
>> How about the self-righteous "don't wear headphones because it's
>> against the law on a bike" (horrible sentence structure, BTW) versus
>> the "don't need no steenkin' ear-nanny bud police tellin' me what to
>> do" retort?
>>
>> Choice is a good thing... BS

> Choice? It's against the law.

So is speeding. Those who are caught will probably get a ticket. What are
you going to do, call 9-1-1 every time you see a cyclist "breaking the
(gasp!) law"?!?

(BTW, the hateful, personal **** you spewed originated from a guy WHO WEARS
HEADPHONES, so stick it up your pin-hole-sized sphincter.)

My point was the irony of you calling other people smug. WHOOSH.

BS

landotter wrote:
> Andrew Price wrote:
>> On 5 Apr 2006 07:54:21 -0700, "landotter" <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Oh the "don't wear headphones because it's againt the law on a
>>> bike" vs the smug "I'm so special I don't need to obey the law"
>>> discussion?

>> Where is it against the law? Not here, it ain't.

> Really? It's against the law in most states, including NY, VA, PA, TN,
> IL and so on.
>
> At any rate it's incredibly stupid, and even stupider is claiming that
> it's not stupid.

Only for morons who can't walk and chew gum at the same time.

Bill "oh, wait" S.

"landotter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Marz wrote:
>> Bill Baka wrote:
>> > I didn't post that as a bicycle thing, just that there was an ear issue
>> > with volume. Preserve your ears at home so you can hear when riding.
>> > I don't expect anyone here to be dumb enough to wear phones AND ride.
>> > Bill

>> But you posted it to a bike group so it's relavence to cycling will be
>> discussed.
>>
>> I drive by sight and I ride by sight while I enjoy listening to music.
>> I've always felt sorry for you simple folk who can't multi-task.
>>

> I've always been annoyed by the pod-deaf people that can't hear my bike
> bell.
>
> It has nothing to do with multitasking, it's akin to saying that it's
> just as safe to drive at night with sunglasss on. Completely aburd
> reasoning.

Please. Should deaf people not ride? They're allowed to drive.

should abled folk be allowed to park in disabled spaces?

landotter wrote:

> should abled folk be allowed to park in disabled spaces?

POST OF THE WEEK!

The smug--but-clueless terravermin wrote:
> Sorni wrote:
>> ****

> yawn

Typical tactic of someone who can't win an argument. (Google Mike Vandeman
for a role model.)

> get a therapist.

I'm dating one, thanks, but I'll be sure to let her know you approve.

Bill "we BOTH ride with headphones sometimes; call 9-1-1, Ear Nanny!!!" S.

"landotter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> should abled folk be allowed to park in disabled spaces?

That's not the same. If hearing is SO important to riding a bicycle that the
usage of an iPod is akin to a suicide attempt, then deaf people should be
banned from the roads.

landotter wrote:
> Marz wrote:
> > Bill Baka wrote:
> > > I didn't post that as a bicycle thing, just that there was an ear issue
> > > with volume. Preserve your ears at home so you can hear when riding.
> > > I don't expect anyone here to be dumb enough to wear phones AND ride.
> > > Bill

> > But you posted it to a bike group so it's relavence to cycling will be
> > discussed.
> >
> > I drive by sight and I ride by sight while I enjoy listening to music.
> > I've always felt sorry for you simple folk who can't multi-task.
> >

> I've always been annoyed by the pod-deaf people that can't hear my bike
> bell.
>
> It has nothing to do with multitasking, it's akin to saying that it's
> just as safe to drive at night with sunglasss on. Completely aburd
> reasoning.

And what exactly are you listening for while you ride your bike. I can
still hear sirens and car horns over my music so why should I want to
hear the engine of the car behind me? Do you adjust how you're riding
when you hear a truck come up behind you? Why, were you riding
incorrectly before you heard the truck? Do you pull over and stop
everytime you hear a car behind you?

Wearing lightly tinted yellow sunglasses at night may help some
drivers!

Oh. and if you're unable to navigate through people who haven't heard
your little bell maybe you should lean to actually ride that bike of
yours instead of expecting everyone else to 'leap' out of your way.

Laters,

Marz

landotter wrote:
> Dude, like get a bell. It's uber L337. :-D
>
> Seriously though, I find that people process a "ding ding" a hell of a
> lot faster than the more complex "on yer left".

Dude, you have to take the bell off the bike to compensate for the
additional weight of the iPod. Sheesh.

--
John Calnan
http://www.calnan-web.com/weblog

Sorni wrote:
> The smug--but-clueless terravermin wrote:
> > Sorni wrote:
> >> ****

> > yawn

> Typical tactic of someone who can't win an argument. (Google Mike Vandeman
> for a role model.)

Very simple argument, just check your local lawbooks. Tada!! You lose.

You lose in any scientific study about safety as well.

PLEASE GO SEE A DOCTOR OR THERAPIST ABOUT YOUR ALCOHOLISM!!!!

Dry drunk syndrome isn't good for George Bush, Tom Delay, nor is it
good for you ...asshole.

Gooserider wrote:
> "landotter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > should abled folk be allowed to park in disabled spaces?

> That's not the same. If hearing is SO important to riding a bicycle that the
> usage of an iPod is akin to a suicide attempt, then deaf people should be
> banned from the roads.

Complete and utter ********.

Deaf people have spent a lifetime learning to compensate for their
disability, you have not.

Case closed, bye, and oh yeah: it's illegal.

landotter (AKA "punkweasel") wrote:
> Sorni wrote:
>> The smug--but-clueless terravermin wrote:
>>>
>>> yawn

>> Typical tactic of someone who can't win an argument. (Google Mike
>> Vandeman for a role model.)

> Very simple argument, just check your local lawbooks. Tada!! You lose.

The /tactic/ is snipping what someone writes and answering with "yawn".
Sure mark of a loser. Loser.

{Snide, inappropriate and unfounded personal attack removed. The person you
got it from, Neil Brooks, USES HEADPHONES, by the way, but don't let that
stop you from being the slimy punkweasel you are.}

Have you stopped beating your girlfriend yet, Punkweasel? Get some help for
your inferiority and anger issues before it escalates and you wind up in
jail.

Seriously. There's treatment for your problem. Stop hurting innocent
females.

HTH, BS

landotter ("Punkweasel") wrote:
> Gooserider wrote:
>> "landotter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> should abled folk be allowed to park in disabled spaces?

>> That's not the same. If hearing is SO important to riding a bicycle
>> that the usage of an iPod is akin to a suicide attempt, then deaf
>> people should be banned from the roads.

> Complete and utter ********.

> Deaf people have spent a lifetime learning to compensate for their
> disability, you have not.
>
> Case closed, bye, and oh yeah: it's illegal.

Stop hurting women, Punkweasel. Get some help for your inferiority complex
and anger issues before it's too late.

Seriously. Don't hit a female EVER. Just stop it.

"landotter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Deaf people have spent a lifetime learning to compensate for their
> disability, you have not.

Not everyone who is deaf has been so their entire life. Should only those
who have been deaf their entire lives be allowed to ride or drive?

Don't you see how silly this is? Hearing is not necessary to safely ride a
bike.

On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 17:54:39 GMT, through a puddle of drool, "Sorni"
<[email protected]> pecked:
\szip
>Seriously. Don't hit a female EVER. Just stop it.

Put down the crack pipe and pick up the employment pages, kook.
--
zk

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006 11:28:37 -0700, "Raoul Duke" <[email protected]>
concluded:

>Hearing is not necessary to safely ride a bike.

True, but it sure helps. Why handicap yourself while endangering
others just for that lame ass **** you've already heard?
--
zk

Snooty Putz, showing his usual level of misunderstanding, wrote:

> Put down the crack pipe and pick up the employment pages, kook.

Never tried crack (was it even around before 1982?), and have been a
successful business owner since 1986.

The "kook" part might not be Strike Three, however...

Bill "off to ride...WITH HEADPHONES" S.

[email protected] wrote:
> Sorni wrote:
>
>> (BTW, the hateful, personal **** you spewed originated from a guy
>> WHO WEARS HEADPHONES, so stick it up your pin-hole-sized sphincter.)

> I wear a headphone ... singular ... as in one ear ... per the
> California law.

See what you started, Neil? All because you thought that "I actually have
WORK to do" was directed at you (it wasn't).

> http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/tpp/offices/bike/commuting.htm

Well, my left one doesn't work, Officer :)