For info-Campagnolo 10s shifters-9s cogset

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Qui Si Parla Ca, May 31, 2003.

  1. Looked at the differences between the spacing between Campagnolo 10s and shimano 9s and also
    Campagnolo 9s and shimano 9s and it looks like you can use a Campagnolo 10s shifter/rear der and a
    shimano 9s cogset/chain with good results(setting the limit screw to get 9s speeds only).

    Gonna try it today to see if it works.

  2. Nick Payne

    Nick Payne Guest

    See http://www.hubbub.com/ergoleverswshim9.htm.

    > Looked at the differences between the spacing between Campagnolo 10s and shimano 9s and also
    > Campagnolo 9s and shimano 9s and it looks like you can
    use
    > a Campagnolo 10s shifter/rear der and a shimano 9s cogset/chain with good results(setting the
    > limit screw to get 9s speeds only).
    >
    > Gonna try it today to see if it works.

  3. Paul Kopit

    Paul Kopit Guest

    On Sat, 31 May 2003 10:01:27 -0700, "Allan Leedy" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I guess the question is, "Why?"

    Why not? I found I could put any Shimano 9 and Campy 10 on the bike
    w/o changing any of the derailleur settings. If I shifted to 10 on all the bikes, I'd couldn't use
    my Campy 9 cassettes. Then I did some fiddling and can now shift Campy 9...again w/o making any
    derailleur adjustments.

    If you have loose cog cassettes, just replace the 2.8 mm Campy spacers with Wheels, purple, 2.5 mm
    Shimano spacers. The internal diameter of a real Shimano spacer is too small but the Wheels spacers
    go right on. Put a 1 mm freewheel spacer on first. Works smooth as silk.

    For my Record steel/ti cassette, I replaced the 10.8 mm cylinder that goes between the cogs with
    3x2.8 mm spacers. They are the regular amber color spacers that come with the cassette. That
    will give you
    2.5 between the attached spiders. The rest of the spacers are the 2.5 mm purple spacers and the
    regular end cog. Put a 1 mm spacer on before any cogs. Again, you don't have to make any
    adjustments on the bicycle.

    I prefer the dead click after the largest cog but it may be better to have it before the small cog.
    The shift to the big cog is governed by the stop if it is really the last click.