For John G

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Penny S., Apr 6, 2003.

  1. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

  2. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

  3. Nelson Binch

    Nelson Binch Guest

    | http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/looflirpa/igrill.shtml

    I can tell I need a caffeine infusion as I was seriously wondering for a bit what that would do to a
    computer's power supply (can you say meltdown?)

    ---
    http://intergalax.com

    Release Date: 4/1/2003

  4. Nelson Binch wrote:
    > | http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/looflirpa/igrill.shtml
    >
    > I can tell I need a caffeine infusion as I was seriously wondering for a bit what that would do to
    > a computer's power supply (can you say meltdown?)
    >

    > ---
    > __o _`\(,_ Cycling is life, (_)/ (_) all the rest, just details. Nelson Binch =^o.o^=
    > http://intergalax.com

    > - Release Date: 4/1/2003

    They were fairly smart and put a huge capacitor in there, IIRC. You can't pull THAT much power over
    a USB line. Of course, it means you need to leave in plugged in all the time... why not just get a
    normal one and do the 5 seconds of legwork to figure out how long to cook it?

    Jon Bond

  5. Nelson Binch

    Nelson Binch Guest

    | Slacker wrote:
    | > "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    | > news:[email protected]...
    | >
    | >> http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/looflirpa/igrill.shtml
    | >

    | > Don't you think it's a little small? John's butt could swallow that thing whole in one gulp.
    |
    | that is a really scary thought.

    As scary as a 5'9", 265 lb man riding a Crossbow or Serfas Monaco saddle?

    ---
    http://intergalax.com

    Release Date: 4/1/2003

  6. Slash

    Slash Guest

    On Mon, 07 Apr 2003 00:04:14 GMT, Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> scribbled:

    >They were fairly smart and put a huge capacitor in there, IIRC. You can't pull THAT much power over
    >a USB line. Of course, it means you need to leave in plugged in all the time... why not just get a
    >normal one and do the 5 seconds of legwork to figure out how long to cook it?
    >
    >Jon Bond

    They should have went with the obvious connection for an item like that - Firewire. They could have
    tied that in fairly well. "Draws heat from your IEEE1394 ("Firewire") connection"

    -Slash
    --
    "Ebert Victorious"

    - The Onion

  7. Ctg

    Ctg Guest

  8. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    ctg wrote:

    >>http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/looflirpa/igrill.shtml
    >>

    > I thought that was fake for a few minutes, there's no end to useless crap.

    It IS fake. Click on "Add to your cart". It was an April Fool's Day joke tied in with Slashdot.

    Greg

  9. Slacker says:

    >Don't you think it's a little small? John's butt could swallow that thing whole in one gulp.

    Not even going to ask how you know THAT!

    ;-P

    Steve

  10. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > Slacker says:
    >
    > >Don't you think it's a little small? John's butt could swallow that thing whole in one gulp.
    >
    > Not even going to ask how you know THAT!
    >
    > ;-P
    >
    > Steve

    Why it's simple geometry my friend, from John G's "BBQ Season" thread
    http://www.shavings.net/images/temp/grill.jpg

    --
    Slacker

  11. Ctg

    Ctg Guest

    > ctg wrote:
    > > "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > >>http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/looflirpa/igrill.shtml
    > >>

    > > I thought that was fake for a few minutes, there's no end to useless
    crap.

    > It IS fake. Click on "Add to your cart". It was an April Fool's Day joke tied in with Slashdot.

    The world is a little less dumb today, thanks for enlightening me...

    --
    Chris
    ________________

    > Greg
    >
    > --
    > "Destroy your safe and happy lives before it is too late, the battles we fought were long and
    > hard, just not to be consumed by rock n' roll..." - The Mekons

  12. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    "Slash" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > On Mon, 07 Apr 2003 00:04:14 GMT, Jonathan Bond <[email protected]>
    > scribbled:
    >
    > >They were fairly smart and put a huge capacitor in there, IIRC. You can't pull THAT much power
    > >over a USB line. Of course, it means you need to leave in plugged in all the time... why not just
    > >get a normal one and do the 5 seconds of legwork to figure out how long to cook it?
    > >
    > >Jon Bond
    >
    > They should have went with the obvious connection for an item like that - Firewire. They could
    > have tied that in fairly well. "Draws heat from your IEEE1394 ("Firewire") connection"

    "Firewire grilled" - could be a marketing hook!

    Matt