For John G

| http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/looflirpa/igrill.shtml

I can tell I need a caffeine infusion as I was seriously wondering for a bit what that would do to a
computer's power supply (can you say meltdown?)

---
http://intergalax.com

Release Date: 4/1/2003

Nelson Binch wrote:
> | http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/looflirpa/igrill.shtml
>
> I can tell I need a caffeine infusion as I was seriously wondering for a bit what that would do to
> a computer's power supply (can you say meltdown?)
>

> ---
> __o _`\(,_ Cycling is life, (_)/ (_) all the rest, just details. Nelson Binch =^o.o^=
> http://intergalax.com

> - Release Date: 4/1/2003

They were fairly smart and put a huge capacitor in there, IIRC. You can't pull THAT much power over
a USB line. Of course, it means you need to leave in plugged in all the time... why not just get a
normal one and do the 5 seconds of legwork to figure out how long to cook it?

Jon Bond

| Slacker wrote:
| > "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
| > news:[email protected]...
| >
| >> http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/looflirpa/igrill.shtml
| >

| > Don't you think it's a little small? John's butt could swallow that thing whole in one gulp.
|
| that is a really scary thought.

As scary as a 5'9", 265 lb man riding a Crossbow or Serfas Monaco saddle?

---
http://intergalax.com

Release Date: 4/1/2003

On Mon, 07 Apr 2003 00:04:14 GMT, Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> scribbled:

>They were fairly smart and put a huge capacitor in there, IIRC. You can't pull THAT much power over
>a USB line. Of course, it means you need to leave in plugged in all the time... why not just get a
>normal one and do the 5 seconds of legwork to figure out how long to cook it?
>
>Jon Bond

They should have went with the obvious connection for an item like that - Firewire. They could have
tied that in fairly well. "Draws heat from your IEEE1394 ("Firewire") connection"

-Slash
--
"Ebert Victorious"

- The Onion

ctg wrote:

>>http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/looflirpa/igrill.shtml
>>

> I thought that was fake for a few minutes, there's no end to useless ****.

It IS fake. Click on "Add to your cart". It was an April Fool's Day joke tied in with Slashdot.

Greg

Slacker says:

>Don't you think it's a little small? John's butt could swallow that thing whole in one gulp.

Not even going to ask how you know THAT!

;-P

Steve

> Slacker says:
>
> >Don't you think it's a little small? John's butt could swallow that thing whole in one gulp.
>
> Not even going to ask how you know THAT!
>
> ;-P
>
> Steve

Why it's simple geometry my friend, from John G's "BBQ Season" thread
http://www.shavings.net/images/temp/grill.jpg

--
Slacker

> ctg wrote:
> > "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >
> >>http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/looflirpa/igrill.shtml
> >>

> > I thought that was fake for a few minutes, there's no end to useless
****.

> It IS fake. Click on "Add to your cart". It was an April Fool's Day joke tied in with Slashdot.

The world is a little less dumb today, thanks for enlightening me...

--
Chris
________________

"Slash" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> On Mon, 07 Apr 2003 00:04:14 GMT, Jonathan Bond <[email protected]>
> scribbled:
>
> >They were fairly smart and put a huge capacitor in there, IIRC. You can't pull THAT much power
> >over a USB line. Of course, it means you need to leave in plugged in all the time... why not just
> >get a normal one and do the 5 seconds of legwork to figure out how long to cook it?
> >
> >Jon Bond
>
> They should have went with the obvious connection for an item like that - Firewire. They could
> have tied that in fairly well. "Draws heat from your IEEE1394 ("Firewire") connection"

"Firewire grilled" - could be a marketing hook!

Matt