? for Michael Dart

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Jason B, Apr 10, 2003.

  1. Jason B

    Jason B Guest

    In a thread a while back you had mentioned that you broke youre elbow some time ago and had rods in
    it that where removed. I'm going in for surgery to have a metel plate removed from my elbow
    tomorrow. I was curious what your recovery time was like, how long till you where able to ride? did
    you start of with road riding? how long till you got back to racing? thanks for any input.

    Jason

    Tags:

  2. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "Jason B" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > In a thread a while back you had mentioned that you broke youre elbow some time ago and had rods
    > in it that where removed. I'm going in for surgery to have a metel plate removed from my elbow
    > tomorrow. I was curious what your recovery time was like, how long till you where able to ride?
    > did you start of with road riding? how long till you got back to racing? thanks for any input.
    >
    > Jason

    I waited until the staples came out (sorry no pics for the ghouls) before I started riding. It was
    about 3-4 weeks if I recall. I got right back to XC riding after that and started DH racing the
    following year. The time back on the bike was much less than when I had broken it in the first
    place. I completely lost all the fitness I had gained before then and had to start over. Having the
    metal taken out took no time compared to that. But follow your Doctors advise as your procedure
    sounds a bit more involved than mine. My wish for you is that it goes as well for you as it did for
    me. Back to 100% now.

    Mike