? for Michael Dart

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jason B

In a thread a while back you had mentioned that you broke youre elbow some time ago and had rods in
it that where removed. I'm going in for surgery to have a metel plate removed from my elbow
tomorrow. I was curious what your recovery time was like, how long till you where able to ride? did
you start of with road riding? how long till you got back to racing? thanks for any input.

Jason

"Jason B" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> In a thread a while back you had mentioned that you broke youre elbow some time ago and had rods
> in it that where removed. I'm going in for surgery to have a metel plate removed from my elbow
> tomorrow. I was curious what your recovery time was like, how long till you where able to ride?
> did you start of with road riding? how long till you got back to racing? thanks for any input.
>
> Jason
>

I waited until the staples came out (sorry no pics for the ghouls) before I started riding. It was
about 3-4 weeks if I recall. I got right back to XC riding after that and started DH racing the
following year. The time back on the bike was much less than when I had broken it in the first
place. I completely lost all the fitness I had gained before then and had to start over. Having the
metal taken out took no time compared to that. But follow your Doctors advise as your procedure
sounds a bit more involved than mine. My wish for you is that it goes as well for you as it did for
me. Back to 100% now.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.