For sale ad snipped from swedish HPV-page.

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Mikael Seierup, Mar 31, 2003.

  1. And I quote:

    "Frontwheeldrive deltatrike of unknown manufacture from the late eighties, possibly dutch (Flevo
    inspired?) Seatheight approx 30 cm. Steel z-frame. Discwheels in composite. Unusual but working
    powertransfer. A certain "pedalsteer"-effect. Punctureproof tires included. Needs rearbrakes etc. A
    very light and narrowtracked machine...

    More info on http://rosnix.nu/~per/cykel/delta"

    Tags:

  2. Baronn1

    Baronn1 Guest

    Oh, man, Joshua, look at the integrated "trailer" You've been sabatoogied, espionoogied and
    intellectual property removied by some dutch trike peddler!

    --
    Jan-Friedrich Koehle Paderborn, Germany m5 28/20

  4. Cletus Lee

    Cletus Lee Guest

    > Mikael Seierup wrote:
    > > And I quote:
    > >
    > > "Frontwheeldrive deltatrike of unknown manufacture from the late eighties, possibly dutch (Flevo
    > > inspired?) Seatheight approx 30 cm. Steel z-frame. Discwheels in composite. Unusual but working
    > > powertransfer. A certain "pedalsteer"-effect. Punctureproof tires included. Needs rearbrakes
    > > etc. A very light and narrowtracked machine...
    > >
    > > More info on http://rosnix.nu/~per/cykel/delta"

    And from Sheldon Brown...

    http://sheldonbrown.com/w.html

    - Bellaire, TX USA -

  5. Mike O'Brien

    Mike O'Brien Guest

    SADDAM COMMITS SUICIDE

    BAGHDAD: In a move that caught the entire world by surprise, Iraqi despot Saddam Hussein committed
    suicide today.

    In a note delivered to Arab satellite TV channel Al Jazeera, Hussein admitted he was a worthless
    pile of camel dung, admitted killing tens of thousands of his countrymen and women, and prayed that
    Allah would forgive him for his sins.

    US troops on the outskirts of Baghdad initially considered the suicide report as another trick,
    but the massive celebration that broke out in the Iraq capital city convinced coalition forces the
    news was true.

    Notwithstanding the voluntary demise of Saddam, coalition forces continued to bomb Baghdad because
    "we have a lot of ordinance that would otherwise go to waste," according to a military spokesperson.

    ******

    BIN LADEN SURRENDERS TO NEW YORK POLICE

    NEW YORK: To the shock and amazement of US authorities, Osama bin Laden walked into the 27th
    Precinct of the New York City Police Department, and surrendered.

    Bin Laden, who is accused of killing nearly 3,000 New Yorkers in the attack on the World Trade
    Center, just walked in the door and turned himself in.

    "We got this ratty looking guy with a beard saying he's bin Laden and wants to pay for his crimes,"
    said Captain Joe Rizzoli, NYPD public information officer, "and we think maybe this is just a
    deranged street person. Like we've already maybe 30 guys claim they were bin Laden."

    After throwing the claimed bin Laden in the holding tank, NYPD officials called the FBI to check out
    the claim.

    "The feds, they've been a royal pain in the butt, so we call them to check the guy out so they will
    waste their time," said Rizzoli. "And to everyone's surprise, the guy's the real thing."

    Bin Laden reportedly admitted to having experienced a visitation from the spirit of the Prophet
    Mohammed who told bin Laden he had incorrectly interpreted to Koran and would spend eternity in
    a hell run by American lesbians if he did not admit he was wrong and accept the just punishment
    he is due.

    US Attorney General John Ashcroft immediately took credit for the apprehension of bin Laden and
    request another $42 billion dollars to protect Americans from terrorists who sell bongs over
    the internet.

    *****

    NORTH KOREA AND SOUTH KOREA ANNOUNCE MERGER

    PYNOGYANG: North Korea and South Korea announced today they the two countries would merge effective
    today, and just be "Korea".

    All hostilities immediately ceased between the two former enemies, and the newly merged Korea
    announced it would cease development of nuclear weapons, and instead produce atomic powered Kia
    automobiles.

    *****

    BUSH REPENTS, CONVERTS TO DEMOCRAT

    WASHINGTON: George W. Bush woke up this morning realizing his entire life to date had been an
    enormous mistake, and converted to the Democratic Party.

    "Viewing the future of America as being tied to the greedy capitalistic swine that I grew up with in
    Texas just didn't feel right any more," Bush said, "so I'm gonna be a died in the wool Texas
    populist."

    Bush immediately asked Dick Cheney to resign as Vice President and appointed Jim Hightower to
    replace him as Veep.

    *****

    CONGRESS ABOLISHES PERSONAL FEDERAL INCOME TAX

    WASHINGTON: In an unprecedented show of bipartisanship, both the US House and senate today abolished
    the federal income tax for individuals.

    "We realized we could run the federal government by eliminating every loophole we created in the tax
    code for corporations," said Senator John McCain, R-Arizona.

    The news that the personal income tax would be abolished effective April 15th triggered a 500 point
    decline in the Dow Jones average, and a massive rush to shopping malls throughout America.

    *****

    HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANIES ANNOUNCE UNIVERSAL HEALTH INSURANCE FOR $100 A MONTH

    NEW YORK: The nation's leading health insurance companies announced today that they would divide up
    the population of the US and insure everyone for a premium of $100 per month.

    "If we can get $100 a month from the 280 million people living in the country, everyone will have
    health care," said Arnold Flenk, CEO of HealthRip.

    Republican leaders in the US House immediately questioned the legality of the move, claiming it was
    wrong to cover poor people so they would live longer and consume more welfare.

    *****

    US AUTOMAKERS INTRODUCE NEW FUEL CELL CAR THAT WILL SELL FOR $3,000

    DETROIT: Facing the prospect of global warming and continued reliance on politically incorrect oil
    supplies, the 3 major US automakers unveiled a new car that runs on a hydrogen fuel cell and will
    retail for $3,000.

    "We figure the new car will replace every car on the road today very quickly," said Axel Ford,
    President of Ford Motor Company. "And as a result we'll make lots of money, the air will be cleaner,
    and everyone will be able to drive a safe car.

    Ralph Nader immediately criticized the automakers for the announcement. "I knew they could do this
    all along," Nader said. A lawsuit will be filed shortly.

    Regards,

    Mike O'Brien

    War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left...

    ---

  6. > atomic powered Kia automobiles

    Aieee! This is too terrible to contemplate!!

    :)

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  7. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    > > atomic powered Kia automobiles
    >
    > Aieee! This is too terrible to contemplate!!

    You'd rather have steam-powered Lotuses (Loti?)??

    Jeff

  8. > Oh, man, Joshua, look at the integrated "trailer" You've been sabatoogied, espionoogied and
    > intellectual property removied by some dutch trike peddler! "Mikael Seierup"
    > <[email protected]> wrote in message

    I think you missed Joshua's new design. That's a hub motor up front & the "trailer" is the
    battery tray.

    At this time, the limiting factor on speed is spinning quick enough to keep up with the pedals. On
    the flats, that's about 493 RPM. <g

  9. <Chas>

    <Chas> Guest

    "Jeff Wills" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > You'd rather have steam-powered Lotuses (Loti?)??
    >
    > Jeff

    I thought those were still in production "over there"

    <Chas

  10. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Joshua Goldberg wrote:

    > U do realize that Lotus is owned by the Ford Motor Car corp.

    Joshua,

    Are you thinking of Aston Martin? Lotus is owned by the Malaysian company Proton.

  11. Lotus are alive and well and producing the Esprit (soon to be pensioned off) and the Elise, but
    sadly no bicycles. Incidentally, Colin Chapman stated that the plural of Lotus is Lotus.

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  12. I still prefer the Europa, was a passenger in one (1971) that had a racing engine inside the Europa
    shell on a race track with a Brit. racer from Team Lotus. I still remember the chap, he turns to me
    and says "here you hold the bottle of wine and I'll show ya what this sucker can really do"?

    Didn't some company market a LOTUS bicycle in the late 70s?
    > Lotus are alive and well and producing the Esprit (soon to be pensioned
    off)
    > and the Elise, but sadly no bicycles. Incidentally, Colin Chapman stated that the plural of Lotus
    > is Lotus.
    >
    > Dave Larrington - http://legslarry.crosswinds.net/
    > http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  13. RU sure about that Tom, I thought when Ford took over Jaguar they said "it made sense since we
    (Ford) already own Lotus"....unless they meant they owned the racing division fo Lotus....could have
    also been a ways back. At one point Aston-Martin was a CANADIAN owned car company, Brit auto
    companies tended to flip owners on a regular basis. My 2nd wife was a member of the Healey
    family...as in Austin-Healey-Martin-Cooper, so for a decade or so I was into checking out British
    car/MC companies. I never drove one, but my wife owned a MGB & a MK-IV Jaguar and I used to drive
    Brit MCs (one 441 BSA, one 750 Royal Enfield and 2 Triumphs). I'll check on the Ford/Lotus
    connection...was pretty sure Ford owned them.
    -------------------------------------

    > Joshua Goldberg wrote:
    > >
    > > U do realize that Lotus is owned by the Ford Motor Car corp.
    >
    > Joshua,
    >
    > Are you thinking of Aston Martin? Lotus is owned by the Malaysian company Proton.
    >
    > Tom Sherman - Quad Cities USA (Illinois side)

  14. Joshua asked:

    > Didn't some company market a LOTUS bicycle in the late 70s?

    They may have done, though I didn't notice. The bike on which a Mr. C. Boardman won an Olympic gold
    medal in Barcelona in 1992 *was* a Lotus, though, based on characters created by <ob_recumbent>Mike
    Burrows</ob_recumbent>. They had orders for shedloads of them, but never got them into production. I
    believe a few Lotus-badged mountain bikes escaped into the wild too, but they were someone else's -
    British Eagle, I think.

    Lotus have been owned in the past by General Motors and Bugatti, but deffo not Ford. *Team* Lotus
    remained wholly-owned by the Chapman family until it finally died on its feet in the early 90's,
    though I understand that David Hunt (brother of former F1 World Champion James) has been attempting
    to raise the cash to resurrect it. So far without success.

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  15. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    > Joshua Goldberg wrote:
    > >
    > > U do realize that Lotus is owned by the Ford Motor Car corp.
    >
    > Joshua,
    >
    > Are you thinking of Aston Martin? Lotus is owned by the Malaysian company Proton.
    >
    > Tom Sherman - Quad Cities USA (Illinois side)

    Hah! They'll never go anywhere. They're a bunch of Lotus-eaters!

    Jeff

  16. Geob

    Geob Guest

    > U do realize that Lotus is owned by the Ford Motor Car corp. Joshua,

    >> Are you thinking of Aston Martin? Lotus is owned by the Malaysian company Proton.

    Or Mazda? Ford owns a good sized chunk of that.