For sale - Cannondale tandem.

eatmorepies

Guest
A friend has a Cannondale tandem for sale. It's one of those with an
oversize aluminium frame. It has good kit on it, XT and the like. A
suspension seat post in the rear. It fits himself at about 5' 9" and his
wife around 5' 3".

He bought it new; it's done very little work and is about 5 or 6 years old.
The closest it's been to off road is on a forest road.

Sorry about the lack of detail but he would prefer to speak to interested
parties on the phone so I didn't bother getting him to write it all down.

It's here in Mid Wales. He is looking for around £750. If interested please
ring Bob on 01982 551718.

Cheers

John

"eatmorepies" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> A friend has a Cannondale tandem for sale. It's one of those with an
> oversize aluminium frame. It has good kit on it, XT and the like. A
> suspension seat post in the rear. It fits himself at about 5' 9" and his
> wife around 5' 3".

Tempting or what?
I've been working on SWMBO to get a tandem so we can cycle together, we had
one years ago that she used for getting Offspring to school.
My first step is to hire one at Rutland Water on a nice day and have a
leisurely ride stopping off at a watering hole or two.
Just need some rountuits.
--
Pete
http://uk.geocities.com/[email protected]/P

"eatmorepies" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> A friend has a Cannondale tandem for sale.

> It's here in Mid Wales. He is looking for around £750. If interested
> please
> ring Bob on 01982 551718.

I do not need another tandem. I do not need another tandem. I do not need
another tandem. But that's a pretty keen price!

(the number of people who think a dawes super galaxy twin is worth 600-650
quid is astonishing - the cannondale is _so_ much better...)

cheers,
clive

"Peter B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "eatmorepies" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> A friend has a Cannondale tandem for sale. It's one of those with an
>> oversize aluminium frame. It has good kit on it, XT and the like. A
>> suspension seat post in the rear. It fits himself at about 5' 9" and his
>> wife around 5' 3".

> Tempting or what?
> I've been working on SWMBO to get a tandem so we can cycle together, we
> had
> one years ago that she used for getting Offspring to school.
> My first step is to hire one at Rutland Water on a nice day and have a
> leisurely ride stopping off at a watering hole or two.
> Just need some rountuits.

Don't think! Just go and buy that one (size issues permitting). If you don't
get on with it, you'll be able to sell it for the same as you bought it.

cheers,
clive

in message <[email protected]>, Clive
George ('[email protected]') wrote:

> "Peter B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "eatmorepies" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> A friend has a Cannondale tandem for sale. It's one of those with an
>>> oversize aluminium frame. It has good kit on it, XT and the like. A
>>> suspension seat post in the rear. It fits himself at about 5' 9" and
>>> his wife around 5' 3".

>> Tempting or what?
>> I've been working on SWMBO to get a tandem so we can cycle together,
>> we had
>> one years ago that she used for getting Offspring to school.
>> My first step is to hire one at Rutland Water on a nice day and have
>> leisurely ride stopping off at a watering hole or two.
>> Just need some rountuits.

> Don't think! Just go and buy that one (size issues permitting). If you
> don't get on with it, you'll be able to sell it for the same as you
> bought it.

And a Cannondale tandem at that money is a steal. Shame it's too small!

Peter B wrote:
> "eatmorepies" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> A friend has a Cannondale tandem for sale. It's one of those with an
>> oversize aluminium frame. It has good kit on it, XT and the like. A
>> suspension seat post in the rear. It fits himself at about 5' 9" and
>> his wife around 5' 3".

> Tempting or what?
> I've been working on SWMBO to get a tandem so we can cycle together,
> we had one years ago that she used for getting Offspring to school.
> My first step is to hire one at Rutland Water on a nice day and have
> a leisurely ride stopping off at a watering hole or two.
> Just need some rountuits.

Graffham water is smaller. if she's out of condition, and has the same
bike-hire company. Not as many bikes though, so probably best to book if you
want a tandem, especially with school hols coming up.
I got my wife round there last week on a solo, with me on my own bike. Could
have done it quicker by strapping a pair of tortoises to my feet like roller
skates, but it was a start.
(No tortoises were injured in the making of this message)
--

Martin Bulmer

Peter B wrote:
> "eatmorepies" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>A friend has a Cannondale tandem for sale. It's one of those with an
>>oversize aluminium frame. It has good kit on it, XT and the like. A
>>suspension seat post in the rear. It fits himself at about 5' 9" and his
>>wife around 5' 3".

> Tempting or what?

*If* I could shrink myself a few inches to fit the stoker position
properly it certainly would be. Alas, the relevant amputations might
affect my pedalling :-(

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

"eatmorepies" <[email protected]> wrote in news:42c4484f_3@mk-
nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com:

> A friend has a Cannondale tandem for sale.

I saw one of these least week when I was walking in the middle of town. I
managed to restrain myself from trying to distract the riders and taking
off with their very desirable bike. If only I hadn't been outnumbered! :)

Graeme

Peter Clinch <[email protected]> writes:

>*If* I could shrink myself a few inches to fit the stoker position
>properly it certainly would be. Alas, the relevant amputations might
>affect my pedalling :-(

Are most tandems built for a (much) smaller stoker? There must be more
equal sized couples riding tandems?

Roos

Roos Eisma wrote:

> Are most tandems built for a (much) smaller stoker? There must be more
> equal sized couples riding tandems?

There's a fair mix of equal size and big pilot/wee stoker. There are
very occasional big stoker/wee pilot ones but AFAICT they're all custom
builds and there are practical reasons not to do it beyond traditionally
the bigger partner tending to be the pilot.

If you're buying new there's no problem getting a same size front rear,
but second hand you're rather stuck with a pair of dimensions that need
to suit. Which is a bit of a bugger :-(

Pete.