For sale, Sunn dual 999 full sus.

doogs2004

Guest
Sunn Dual 999 full suspension bike with 4" travel front and
back. Totally bombproof, ideal introduction to downhill.
Cost 2500ukp when new (2000), will sell for 500ukp due to
relocation. Magura Louise discs front and back. Near mint
condition.

> in message <[email protected]>,
> [email protected] ('[email protected]') wrote:
>
> > Sunn Dual 999 full suspension bike with 4" travel front
> > and back. Totally bombproof, ideal introduction to
> > downhill. Cost 2500ukp when new (2000), will sell for
> > 500ukp due to relocation. Magura Louise discs front and
> > back. Near mint condition.
>
> I've never heard of one of these, and interestingly,
> neither has Google. Got any more information?
>
> --
> [email protected] (Simon Brooke)
> http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/
>
> ;; IE 3 is dead, but Netscape 4 still shambles
> about the earth, ;; wreaking a horrific vengeance
> upon the living ;; anonymous

Think it was one of these that I bought from a guy in Hull
for my sons 18th, via e-bay last year. It was a project bike
that the guy had put together and luckily enough the rear
swingarm snapped at a point that wasn't fatal, rather than
when he was flying down Snowdon on it, or around Gwydir,
either of which could've been fatal. It was sold to us as a
bombproof good allrounder. However, welded aluminium swing
arms do not 'bombproof' make !! But that was then and this
is now, so no doubt this bike's fine ;-) Dave.

In news:[email protected],
Simon Brooke <[email protected]> typed:
> in message <L2Xac.7508$Id.5637@news-
> binary.blueyonder.co.uk>, (t'other) Dave ('no-
> [email protected]') wrote:
>

>> "Simon Brooke" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> in message <[email protected]>,

>>> I've never heard of one of these, and interestingly,
>>> neither has Google. Got any more information?
>>
>> Think it was one of these that I bought from a guy in
>> Hull for my sons 18th, via e-bay last year. It was a
>> project bike that the guy had put together and luckily
>> enough the rear swingarm snapped at a point that wasn't
>> fatal, rather than when he was flying down Snowdon on it,
>> or around Gwydir, either of which could've been fatal. It
>> was sold to us as a bombproof good allrounder. However,
>> welded aluminium swing arms do not 'bombproof' make !!
>> But that was then and this is now, so no doubt this
>> bike's fine ;-) Dave.
>
> To be fair, most of the really serious downhill bikes have
> welded aluminium swingarms. In fact, I can't think of a
> current generation serious competitive downhiller which
> isn't welded aluminium.

I believe his was rewelded after being broken.