For Sale: Trek 5200 as new

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Paul, Feb 20, 2004.

  1. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Enforced relocation (and nagging wife!) forces very reluctant sale. Bike in as new condition (< 1
    month old), 2003 model, a real flyer. Full OCLV frame, Ultegra groupset. Cost £1999 and has done
    only about 100 miles, never in the wet.

    Spec is here: http://www.trekbike.co.uk/bikes/2003/road/performance/5200.php

    £1650 + £25 p&p

    Email:

    [email protected]

    if interested. Very genuine (and reluctant!) sale.

    Cheers

    Paul

    Tags:

  2. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    "Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Enforced relocation (and nagging wife!) forces very reluctant sale. Bike
    in
    > as new condition (< 1 month old), 2003 model, a real flyer. Full OCLV frame, Ultegra groupset.
    > Cost £1999 and has done only about 100 miles,
    never
    > in the wet.

    Much as I would like to buy your very lovely bike (the lack of £1700 prevents) it might help those
    who might if you put the size on........

    Andrew

    > Spec is here: http://www.trekbike.co.uk/bikes/2003/road/performance/5200.php
    >
    > £1650 + £25 p&p
    >
    > Email:
    >
    > [email protected]
    >
    > if interested. Very genuine (and reluctant!) sale.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Paul

  3. Pkhoo

    Pkhoo Guest

    Why not take the bike when you move and try and flog the missus instead? ;-)

    "Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Enforced relocation (and nagging wife!) forces very reluctant sale. Bike
    in
    > as new condition (< 1 month old), 2003 model, a real flyer. Full OCLV frame, Ultegra groupset.
    > Cost £1999 and has done only about 100 miles,
    never
    > in the wet.
    >
    > Spec is here: http://www.trekbike.co.uk/bikes/2003/road/performance/5200.php
    >
    > £1650 + £25 p&p
    >
    > Email:
    >
    > [email protected]
    >
    > if interested. Very genuine (and reluctant!) sale.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Paul

  4. Paul

    Paul Guest

    "andrew" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Enforced relocation (and nagging wife!) forces very reluctant sale.
    Bike
    > in
    > > as new condition (< 1 month old), 2003 model, a real flyer. Full OCLV frame, Ultegra groupset.
    > > Cost £1999 and has done only about 100 miles,
    > never
    > > in the wet.
    >
    > Much as I would like to buy your very lovely bike (the lack of £1700 prevents) it might help those
    > who might if you put the size on........
    >

    > Andrew

    Sorry all. Size is 56cm. I am 5 feet 11 and it's a perfect fit if that helps anyone.

    Paul

  5. "Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "andrew" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > Enforced relocation (and nagging wife!) forces very reluctant sale.
    > Bike
    > > in
    > > > as new condition (< 1 month old), 2003 model, a real flyer. Full OCLV frame, Ultegra groupset.
    > > > Cost £1999 and has done only about 100 miles,
    > > never
    > > > in the wet.
    > >
    > > Much as I would like to buy your very lovely bike (the lack of £1700 prevents) it might help
    > > those who might if you put the size on........
    > >

    > > Andrew
    > >

    > Sorry all. Size is 56cm. I am 5 feet 11 and it's a perfect fit if that helps anyone.
    >
    > Paul

    Isn't the 56cm too small for one who's 5' 11"? I'm that size myself and have a 58cm Trek 5500. The
    Trek OCLV frames are meassured form BB center to top of seat tube. The top of seat tube extends
    about one inch above the top tube so it's actually a 57cm ct. I asked Mike Jacoubowski at Chain
    Recation Bicycles in LA, who's probably the shop that sells the most Trek frames in the world, if I
    could use a 56 frame and he said "no way".

    Hjalmar

  6. Dene Wilby

    Dene Wilby Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,=20 [email protected] says...
    >=20
    > "Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "andrew" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...

    > > Bike
    > > > in
    CLV
    > > > never
    > > >
    > > > Much as I would like to buy your very lovely bike (the lack of =A3170=
    0
    > > > prevents) it might help those who might if you put the size on.......=
    .

    > > > Andrew
    > > >

    > > Sorry all. Size is 56cm. I am 5 feet 11 and it's a perfect fit if that helps anyone.
    > >
    > > Paul
    > >
    >=20
    > Isn't the 56cm too small for one who's 5' 11"? I'm that size myself and h=
    ave
    > a 58cm Trek 5500. The Trek OCLV frames are meassured form BB center to to=
    > of seat tube. The top of seat tube extends about one inch above the top t=
    ube
    > so it's actually a 57cm ct. I asked Mike Jacoubowski at Chain Recation Bicycles in LA, who's
    > probably the shop that sells the most Trek frames i=
    > the world, if I could use a 56 frame and he said "no way".
    >=20
    > Hjalmar

    I'm 5' 11" and ride a 58cm Trek 5900. Perfect fit.

    Dene

  7. Andy B

    Andy B Guest

    Dene Wilby <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    > > "Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > >
    > > > "andrew" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...

    > Bike in
    > CLV
    > iles, never

    > 0
    > .

    > > > Sorry all. Size is 56cm. I am 5 feet 11 and it's a perfect fit if that helps anyone.
    > > >
    > > > Paul
    > > >

    > > Isn't the 56cm too small for one who's 5' 11"? I'm that size myself and h
    > ave
    > > a 58cm Trek 5500. The Trek OCLV frames are meassured form BB center to to
    > > of seat tube. The top of seat tube extends about one inch above the top t
    > ube
    > > so it's actually a 57cm ct. I asked Mike Jacoubowski at Chain Recation Bicycles in LA, who's
    > > probably the shop that sells the most Trek frames i
    > > the world, if I could use a 56 frame and he said "no way".
    > >
    > > Hjalmar
    >
    > I'm 5' 11" and ride a 58cm Trek 5900. Perfect fit.
    >
    > Dene

    i'm 6ft and have owned both a 56 and a 58cm size 5200 bikes. 56 was at the maximum in saddle &
    handlebar position but was comfortable enough. I ended up with a 58cm frame and that feels pretty
    perfect for me.