For seattleites only thats you washington

Xboy

Oct 25, 2005
how many remember the near 30 straight days of rain. i do nearly go hit by a car. then the guy pulls over an yells at me for bikin in the road. i was in the darn biking lane. oh mylanta. but besides biking in the rain i generaly like it. which is why i dont complain about livin in little ol bothell.

Xboy said:
how many remember the near 30 straight days of rain. i do nearly go hit by a car. then the guy pulls over an yells at me for bikin in the road. i was in the darn biking lane. oh mylanta. but besides biking in the rain i generaly like it. which is why i dont complain about livin in little ol bothell.

Actually, although Rich Marriot claims Seattle only went 27 days straight with measurable rain (at Sea-Tac), my neighborhood (Snoqualmie/North Bend) went at least 35. It was ugly, but to be honest, I didn't have to carry as much gear; I knew I'd be wearing my rain gear everyday.

This morning, I wore my thermals and my rain gear, but along with my work clothwes, I'm also packing shorts and a a couple of shirt options for the ride home. My pack is loaded.

I lived in and around Olympia WA for almost 13 years and I remember the rain with dread. I admit when you live there it's not that bad. It's part of your day but now that I'm in sunny Florida I have to say I love the rain free weather. We do get showers about once a day for roughly 30 to 45 minutes usually and people think I'm crazy for riding in them but hey, once you've been to WA state you dont really cry over 30 minutes of rain.