For the attorneys in the group (real or jailhouse)

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Scott, Feb 8, 2006.

  1. Scott

    Scott Guest

    It's been what, 3 weeks or so, since the CAS hearing for Tyler's
    appeal. There've been no announcements on the decision.

    For those who have experience with this sort of thing, what should we
    assume, if anything, that the delay in the decision means with regard
    to the likelyhood of the suspension being overturned?

    Or, is this actually a reasonable time period for the decision to be
    announced?

    S.

    Tags:

  2. crit PRO

    crit PRO Guest

    Scott wrote:
    > It's been what, 3 weeks or so, since the CAS hearing for Tyler's
    > appeal. There've been no announcements on the decision.
    >
    > For those who have experience with this sort of thing, what should we
    > assume, if anything, that the delay in the decision means with regard
    > to the likelyhood of the suspension being overturned?
    >
    > Or, is this actually a reasonable time period for the decision to be
    > announced?
    >
    > S.

    tyler gets 3 weeks + 1 day to notify next of kin. expect news tomrrow.
    time is up.

    crit PRO

  3. "crit PRO" <[email protected]> writes:

    > tyler gets 3 weeks + 1 day to notify next of kin. expect news tomrrow.
    > time is up.
    >
    > crit PRO

    Then do we draw the inference that the decision, from Hamilton's
    point of view, went the wrong way?

    Presupposing that if it had gone the other way, Hamilton would already
    have been putting out press releases and looking for a squad

    --
    Le Vent à Dos
    Davey Crockett

  4. On 02/08/2006 11:14 PM, in article [email protected], "Davey
    Crockett" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "crit PRO" <[email protected]> writes:
    >

    >> tyler gets 3 weeks + 1 day to notify next of kin. expect news tomrrow.
    >> time is up.
    >>
    >> crit PRO

    > Then do we draw the inference that the decision, from Hamilton's
    > point of view, went the wrong way?
    >
    > Presupposing that if it had gone the other way, Hamilton would already
    > have been putting out press releases and looking for a squad

    Or one could presume that the CAS has not actually MADE a decision yet.

    --
    Steven L. Sheffield
    stevens at veloworks dot com

  5. Smack

    Smack Guest

    > "crit PRO" <[email protected]> writes:
    >

    > > tyler gets 3 weeks + 1 day to notify next of kin. expect news tomrrow.
    > > time is up.
    > >
    > > crit PRO

    The whisper says Tyler got off and will get picked up in time for the
    Tour. Also that he's absolutely flying and will be a serious contender.

  6. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    "Smack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >> "crit PRO" <[email protected]> writes:
    >>

    >> > tyler gets 3 weeks + 1 day to notify next of kin. expect news tomrrow.
    >> > time is up.
    >> >
    >> > crit PRO

    > The whisper says Tyler got off and will get picked up in time for the
    > Tour. Also that he's absolutely flying and will be a serious contender.

    I heard that whisper from a LBS owner last year who had the Parlee Hamilton
    rode up Mt. Washington in his shop. Then he lost his North American CAS
    hearing. Only time will tell.

  7. "Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> writes:

    > On 02/08/2006 11:14 PM, in article [email protected], "Davey
    > Crockett" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > "crit PRO" <[email protected]> writes:
    > >

    > >> tyler gets 3 weeks + 1 day to notify next of kin. expect news tomrrow.
    > >> time is up.
    > >>
    > >> crit PRO

    > > Then do we draw the inference that the decision, from Hamilton's
    > > point of view, went the wrong way?
    > >
    > > Presupposing that if it had gone the other way, Hamilton would already
    > > have been putting out press releases and looking for a squad

    > Or one could presume that the CAS has not actually MADE a decision yet.

    OK, I'm with it now; the Tribunal gets the three weeks to deliberate and
    the appellant gets one day's notice

    --
    Le Vent à Dos
    Davey Crockett
    Dit 'NON' aux brevets Logiciels
    http://brevets-logiciels.info/

  8. crit PRO

    crit PRO Guest

    Boulder, Colorado Feb 11, 2006 Olympic Champion cyclist Tyler Hamilton
    received the final verdict from the Court of Arbitration for Sport
    (CAS)
    today. He is very disappointed to learn charges he received a
    homologous
    blood transfusion during the 2004 cycling season were upheld

    told ya.....