For the baldies out there.

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Wafflycathcsdir, May 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It's obviously the "in" look - even the Blessed Sheldon Brown is doing it now

http://sheldonbrown.com/eagle.html

Cheers, helen s off for a lie-down to recover from the shock ;-)

~~~~~~~~~~
    Clean up the waste & get rid of the trapped wind to send a reply

Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the keyboaRRRDdd
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Tags:

2. wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote:
    > It's obviously the "in" look - even the Blessed Sheldon Brown is doing it now
    >
    > http://sheldonbrown.com/eagle.html

This guy does have a neck bigger than his head though ;-) He looks like he should be on the
    wrestling circuit.

--
    StainlessSteelRat "Let's face it, comedy is a dead art form. Now tragedy, ha ha ha, that's
    funny!" -- Fry

3. Just Zis Guy

Just Zis Guy Guest

On 11 May 2003 16:29:51 GMT, [email protected] (wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter) wrote:

>http://sheldonbrown.com/eagle.html

As said before: My God! It's Buster Bloodvessel's long lost twin brother!

Guy
    ===
    ** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com (BT ADSL and
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    NOTE: BT Openworld have now blocked port 25 (without notice), so old mail addresses may no longer
    work. Apologies.

4. >As said before: My God! It's Buster Bloodvessel's long lost twin brother!

Indeed it could be. But, being on the other side of the pond, will Sheldon know who Buster
    Bloodvessel is???

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
    Clean up the waste & get rid of the trapped wind to send a reply

Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the keyboaRRRDdd
    ~~~~~~~~~~

5. Tony W

Tony W Guest

"wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    >
    > Indeed it could be. But, being on the other side of the pond, will Sheldon
    know
    > who Buster Bloodvessel is???

Embarrassed shuffle/

Errr -- and who is Buster Bloodvessel?

Errr -- should I know?

/Embarrassed shuffle

6. Tony W

Tony W Guest

7. Peter Clinch

Peter Clinch Guest

wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote:
    > It's obviously the "in" look - even the Blessed Sheldon Brown is doing it now

I'm obviously a trendsetter ahead of time! ;-) Since my hair was going anyway I thought I ought to
    give it a helping hand and finish the job nature had started, and the only person who doesn't like
    it (and my brother's similar predicament and solution) is my mum.

Pete.
    --
    Peter Clinch University of Dundee Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Medical Physics, Ninewells Hospital
    Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK net [email protected]
    http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

8. Guy Chapman

Guy Chapman Guest

"Tony W" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

> > http://www.clepto.freeuk.com/IMAGES/BadManners/indexBadManners.html

> Ahh. A purveyor of puerile entertainment to the masses. So it is fair & reasonable that a person
    > of culture & discernment should not know.

Tchah! Speaking as one of culture and discernment (i.e. I have actually voluntarily attended, and
    even participated in, classical music concerts) all I can say is your ignorance is your loss. How
    can you possibly count yourself among the musical cognoscenti if you have not heard the seminal "Lip
    Up Fatty," or that anthem to the overweight "You Fat Bastard?" To say nothing of the sublime
    pleasure of dancing to Buster's unique rendition of the Can-Can :-D

9. Tony W

Tony W Guest

"Guy Chapman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >
    > Tchah! Speaking as one of culture and discernment (i.e. I have actually voluntarily attended, and
    > even participated in, classical music concerts) all I can say is your ignorance is your loss. How
    > can you possibly count yourself among the musical cognoscenti if you have not heard the seminal
    > "Lip Up Fatty," or that anthem to the overweight "You Fat Bastard?" To say nothing of the sublime
    > pleasure of dancing to Buster's unique rendition of the Can-Can :-D

These are pleasures that I feel I can safely forego without compromising my reputation for being a
    toffee nosed bastard :)

10. W K

W K Guest

"Guy Chapman" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Tchah! Speaking as one of culture and discernment (i.e. I have actually voluntarily attended, and
    > even participated in, classical music concerts)

Me too. Had beer poured on my head by Mr. Bloodvessel.

11. In news:[email protected], W K <[email protected]> typed:
    > "Guy Chapman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >
    >> Tchah! Speaking as one of culture and discernment (i.e. I have actually voluntarily attended, and
    >> even participated in, classical music concerts)
    >
    > Me too. Had beer poured on my head by Mr. Bloodvessel.

What was the band called again? Ugly Rumours?

12. Nemo

Nemo Guest

>>Errr -- and who is Buster Bloodvessel?
    >See
    >
    >http://www.clepto.freeuk.com/IMAGES/BadManners/indexBadManners.html
    >
    >Cheers, helen s

I've just been and went and done and gone and looked. Wot? - no warning?! Think I'll start a
    campaign for classification of images, so that the weans and the innocents can be protected - a
    certificate of X ought to do quite nicely for that lot, thank you very much....

From one thinking of moving to [email protected] Thanx for the inspiration.

13. "W K" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Guy Chapman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >
    > > Tchah! Speaking as one of culture and discernment (i.e. I have actually voluntarily attended,
    > > and even participated in, classical music concerts)
    >
    > Me too. Had beer poured on my head by Mr. Bloodvessel.

Which beer? Special Brew by any chance?

Sorry - couldn't resist the obvious gag; I'll get me coat....

David E. Belcher

Dept. of Chemistry, University of York

14. Dave

Dave Guest

"StainlessSteelRat" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote:
    > > It's obviously the "in" look - even the Blessed Sheldon Brown is doing it now
    > >
    > > http://sheldonbrown.com/eagle.html
    >
    > This guy does have a neck bigger than his head though ;-) He looks like he should be on the
    > wrestling circuit.
    >
    > --
    > StainlessSteelRat "Let's face it, comedy is a dead art form. Now tragedy, ha ha ha, that's
    > funny!" -- Fry
    >
    >
    >
    >
    Yes but let's face it, the last time he shaved was in 1968. I think you are allowed a little extra
    when you've been around that long. Whilst I think he looks tremendous with the full fluff look, I
    reckon he looks better without
    it. It allows the 'real you' (tm) to shine through and lets face it (ugh, 'scuse the pun
    -again!), everyones face suits 'em when they lose all the fluff, 'cos it's their face and
    must suit 'em, right ?

15. Dave

Dave Guest

"Peter Clinch" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote:
    > > It's obviously the "in" look - even the Blessed Sheldon Brown is doing
    it now
    >
    > I'm obviously a trendsetter ahead of time! ;-) Since my hair was going anyway I thought I ought to
    > give it a helping hand and finish the job nature had started, and the only person who doesn't like
    > it (and my brother's similar predicament and solution) is my mum.
    >
    > Pete.
    > --
    > Peter Clinch University of Dundee Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Medical Physics, Ninewells
    > Hospital Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK net [email protected]
    > http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/
    >

I went through a similar experience with me dear old mum several years ago when I decided to do the
    dirty deed. She always remembered me with lovely golden blond curls, beautiful hair etcetc, so when
    I lopped the lot off she thought it the work of the devil. About 12 months after I'd had it done and
    she'd tutted every time she saw it, she suddenly changed tack, took an admiring glance and commented
    on the fact that I'd got a 'David Beckham'.....After I'd blown the best part of a mouthful of coffee
    in her face I pointed out that I'd had mine for over a year and it was, in fact, a case of him
    copying me!!! (that dates it ;-)

Dave.
    B.L.O.B.B.(british league of bald blokes)

16. Just Zis Guy

Just Zis Guy Guest

On Tue, 13 May 2003 07:24:11 +0100, Nemo <[email protected]> wrote:

>I've just been and went and done and gone and looked.

Just imagine the scenes from tonight's dream. Poor little Nemo...

I'll get me coat. A mouse-brown overcoat, I suspect.

Guy
    ===
    ** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com (BT ADSL and
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    NOTE: BT Openworld have now blocked port 25 (without notice), so old mail addresses may no longer
    work. Apologies.

17. "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote: ( Yes but let's face it, the last time he shaved was in 1968. I
    think you are ) allowed a little extra when you've been around that long.

It wasn't such an impressive beard if it took thirty-five years to grow. I stop shaving every August
    (to insulate for winter cycling) and have been mistaken for an orthodox before Christmas. I find
    that shaving both beard and hair at Easter causes the weather to turn much colder, but that if I
    shave the beard and leave several weeks before getting all the hair cut off as well, it causes
    storms of rain and hail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.