For the dogs

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by ireman_1, Sep 10, 2004.

  1. ireman_1

    ireman_1 New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2003
    For those of you that ride/hike with your dogs from time to time: do any of you have any experience (or does your dog have any experience) with the "dog backpacks" (the ones the dog wears not...)? Brands, models that work well? Much grassyass to ya.

    K.

    Tags:

  2. pas

    pas Guest

    ireman_1 wrote:
    > For those of you that ride/hike with your dogs from time to time: do
    > any of you have any experience (or does your dog have any experience)
    > with the "dog backpacks" (the ones the dog wears not...)? Brands,
    > models that work well? Much grassyass to ya.
    >
    > K.

    those dang OT posts again...

    There are three basic kinds... saddlebags, saddelbags that adjust across the
    back, and two piece units that consist of a seperate harness/pad, and
    floating pack unit. The third type is by far the best set up I've seen, the
    least prone to slippage, and making sore on the dog. For the life of me, I
    can't remember the name of the Alaskan place that makes them. Second choice
    is the one that you can adust the width of the pack with straps. We have
    several old Mountainsmiths of this type, and they worked well with Malemutes
    and Goldens.

    rec.backcountry may be a better place to ask. After you get flamed for
    having a dog on the trail you might get some useful ideas.

    Penny

  3. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    ireman_1 <[email protected]> had this to say
    news:[email protected]

    > For those of you that ride/hike with your dogs from time to time: do any
    > of you have any experience (or does your dog have any experience) with
    > the "dog backpacks" (the ones the dog wears not...)? Brands, models
    > that work well? Much grassyass to ya.
    >
    > K.

    Kathleen?

    Dave (she's the resident dog lady...)

  4. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    ireman_1 <[email protected]> had this to say
    news:[email protected]

    > For those of you that ride/hike with your dogs from time to time: do any
    > of you have any experience (or does your dog have any experience) with
    > the "dog backpacks" (the ones the dog wears not...)? Brands, models
    > that work well? Much grassyass to ya.
    >
    > K.

    Kathleen?

    Dave (she's the resident dog lady...)

  5. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    ireman_1 <[email protected]> had this to say
    news:[email protected]

    > For those of you that ride/hike with your dogs from time to time: do any
    > of you have any experience (or does your dog have any experience) with
    > the "dog backpacks" (the ones the dog wears not...)? Brands, models
    > that work well? Much grassyass to ya.
    >
    > K.

    Kathleen?

    Dave (she's the resident dog lady...)