For the sake of my backside...

Froze said:
Your doing your customary and usual twisting the subject around, you said: cost has nothing to do with how a saddle works for someone. That idea is a complete load of ****. And that statement was to argue with me again as you appear to enjoy doing. It's what you said plain and simple you can't twist it to change your story.

And Walmart does sell adult saddle, for a bit more then I thought, but they do sell them for $22; Walmart.com: BriteRide Lighted Seat: Bikes, Scooters & Skates

Personally if your uncle found a seat for 50 cents and it's comfortable...he underpaid IMO! He made a great deal.

1.) I have a customary and usual twisting subject around ? Didn't know that.
2.) Walmart's ADULT saddle....... NOT A ROAD SADDLE !!!! again, apples and oranges. Why not just buy the bike they sell instead of any road bike.
3.) I guess sarcasm is not one of your strong suits.

alienator said:
Cost has nothing to do with how a saddle performs, and there is zero evidence that is the case. Nada. Zip.

Nada, nyet, nada, nee, jo, ne, la, mahou'pabu, mhai, tla-hv, hova'ahane, iksho, halo, nej, nah, lo, qa'e, iie, bukan, meiyou, mecheye, khong...zip?

gman0482 said:
1.) 2.) Walmart's ADULT saddle....... NOT A ROAD SADDLE !!!! again, apples and oranges. Why not just buy the bike they sell instead of any road bike.

If the sentence was changed to read: "cost has nothing to do with how a bicycle works for someone. That idea is a complete load of ****." then your point about why not just buy a bike Walmart sells instead of any road bike would have been a valid argument.

I'm glad I've instigated a heated debate with my first thread, my mother would be proud. Maybe I should serve as the guinea pig as I'm inexperienced - you both send me saddles - one fizik arione and another cheapo one that you find at a jumble sale, I'll ride around on each for a week and see what happens. Then I will in no way financially contribute to this test and disappear from this forum. Sounds good no?:rolleyes:

Hari Seldon said:
I'm glad I've instigated a heated debate with my first thread, my mother would be proud. Maybe I should serve as the guinea pig as I'm inexperienced - you both send me saddles - one fizik arione and another cheapo one that you find at a jumble sale, I'll ride around on each for a week and see what happens. Then I will in no way financially contribute to this test and disappear from this forum. Sounds good no?:rolleyes:

Sounds good, yes! but no need to disappear from the forum, we all would miss bantering with all the idiots who respond to your questions.

kdelong said:
Here's the perfect saddle for you to try out: Saddles for REAL MEN!

If that Sheldon's sofa saddle doesn't work, there are always other options:

manta.png

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-akkbNyiXE]The final option.[/ame]

Froze said:
E-Bay? Why would anyone buy one? Maybe they don't have girlfriends/wives?
Your guess is as good as mine, a long time ago when I was searching for saddles there I remember stumbling on a seller that sold those exclusively.

cyberlegend1994 said:
Now that looks interesting, I'd like to try that someday.

It's what the evolution of Graeme Obree's riding position would have looked like if the UCI didn't say otherwise. Maybe the H-zontal guy uses bearings from his washing machine, like Obree.

Hari Seldon said:
Just joined the forum today. I've only recently taken up cycling - I'm actually more of a runner but the balance is slowly shifting because, as I'm sure most of you are aware, cycling is just so much more fun.

I bought a trek 1.2 for my first bike because I was thinking of getting into tri's and needed a half decent road bike. I'm pretty pleased with it with the exception that the bontrager saddle is like some kind of sick torture.

I'm not really clued up in any respect with cycling - Im going to get myself a beater for commuting so my trek is only ever going to be used for longer rides. What should I be looking for from a saddle? Some of the performance saddles don't look like they're going to be any more comfortable than what I've already got but after the 20 odd mile mark this saddle is making it hard to keep riding.

Indulge a cycling ignoramus won't you?

I can feel the saddle sores friend. The right saddle is essential. Been there.

I took up road cycling in a serious way almost ten years ago... it was gruelling finding the right saddle for the kind of biking I was doing. I had a highend super expensive saddle that was Tour quality... but man did I suffer. So, my advice?

Ditch the Trek saddle (at least for the forseeable future). An old athlete gave me one of the Specialized Body Geometry Saddles. What a relief. I swear by them now. I own three road bikes, and each one of them has a Body Geometry saddle of one sort or the other. You can pick them up on EBay, but before you go that route, do some research. They come in different degrees of padding, they are gender specific too.

In the mean time, go to a farm supply store and ask for a can of BagBalm. Best friend a cyclist's rear end ever had... lots of cyclists put it...well, you know where... before a long road ride.

Revds, North Bay, ON

do you have a pair of "cycing" shorts? they're spandex shorts with a pad for your backside. try teamfastgear.com to buy some. i always use them, they have good prices and amazing customer service. happy hunting!