for those considering to try MTBing.

LIBERATOR

Guest
http://www.singletracks.com/mountain-bike/video.php?trailID=933&action=view

This video is great, these riders are aggressive, perhaps too
aggressive for the trail they are on, but this video although badly
pixellated, still gives the "RUSH" sense you get from MTBing.

Lots of people on this trail, and boy does it wind & weave, snake back
& forth. That's probably why it's popular, MTBing for those whom have
never done it, is like being on a roller coaster but you're in
complete control of its intensity. It's exact to the feel you get from
going to a theme park and riding the roller coasters that are rated on
scales of severity. Trails are rated similarily.

LIBERATOR wrote:
> http://www.singletracks.com/mountain-bike/video.php?trailID=933&action=view
>
> This video is great, these riders are aggressive, perhaps too
> aggressive for the trail they are on, but this video although badly
> pixellated, still gives the "RUSH" sense you get from MTBing.
>
> Lots of people on this trail, and boy does it wind & weave, snake back
> & forth. That's probably why it's popular, MTBing for those whom have
> never done it, is like being on a roller coaster but you're in
> complete control of its intensity. It's exact to the feel you get from
> going to a theme park and riding the roller coasters that are rated on
> scales of severity. Trails are rated similarily.

Go to sleep, Mark. I am waiting to come to you in your dreams tonight.
Just outside the Hampton Inn by the dumpster will be warm and safe
for you tonight. Yes Mark, Stephanie is keeping a close eye on you.
Tonight Mark, I enter your mind. Sleep well.

V.N.

> Lots of people on this trail, and boy does it wind & weave, snake back
> & forth. That's probably why it's popular, MTBing for those whom have
> never done it, is like being on a roller coaster but you're in
> complete control of its intensity. It's exact to the feel you get from
> going to a theme park and riding the roller coasters that are rated on
> scales of severity. Trails are rated similarily.

---------
Sounds like BMX riding, I stopped being a kid a long time ago, I expect to
get a lot more from my re-entry into MTB, than a roller coaster ride. How
'bout going somewhere where others rarely venture, to see a magnificent
countryside that some parts of this country offer. Breaking my back, or my
bike trying simulate something you would find at the county fair sounds
stupid. Reminds me of the other stupid menace I encounter, when I kayak,
called jet skiers or wave runners. I have watched these dumbasses just go
in circles, and never venture more than a quarter mile from where they
launched. I guess they're trying to simulate a roller coaster also with the
waves. Meanwhile we paddle 20 miles down the beach, go through estuaries,
where you see absolutely no one, and we don't even have a motor. See lots
of sea life, wild life and I never get bored with what the sea throws at
you. For those of you, who don't own a mountain bike, or jet ski, and you
want to simulate a roller coaster all you have to do is extend your arms,
close your eyes, and spin around for a minute. You'll really get dizzy
doing that also.