For those who actually like Disco, Team bikes on sale at Ebay

Must be that time of the year. McEwen's 2006 tour stage winning bike is also on eBay for A$20,000.

Navigators and some other pro teams frequently sell theirs at the T-Town swap meet in the fall. Needless to say the prices are much less than $10k.

azdroptop said:
Starting bid 10,200 each!!!:eek:
ROTFL Way overpriced when new, but also beaten to hell during the race season? For $10K you can get a very nice handbuilt, custom job from a small builder you can talk to before hand; everyone in your club won't have the same type of bike, and they will respect your taste. This is like selling a Chrysler for Ferrari prices. You would have to be an idiot to buy one.

This reminds me of something I heard about Chris Horner. When he was on a domestic team his contract specified that he got all the team's bikes at the end of the seaso so he could sell them to in effect increase his salary. By all, I was told, all--not just the ones he used.

Funny thing though, the bikes are referred to as the "6.9". But during the Tour, the team rode the "black" carbon frames, which were re-badged as 6.9s (which use the "red" carbon). The real 6.9 frames were not available at the time.

So are these really 6.9s, or the "fake" re-badged 6.9s? If they are the "black" carbon, then the bike is worth less than $5000 new. Of course, anyone who buys one of these won't give a ****. They should ship with an "authentic" yellow jersey for those Saturday park rides.

Not sure if they are way overpriced when new, but I wouldn't pay 10 grand for any bike even if it was custom built for me. Unless of couse I was a very wealthy man.

Bro Deal said:
ROTFL Way overpriced when new, but also beaten to hell during the race season? For $10K you can get a very nice handbuilt, custom job from a small builder you can talk to before hand; everyone in your club won't have the same type of bike, and they will respect your taste. This is like selling a Chrysler for Ferrari prices. You would have to be an idiot to buy one.
Yeah...But if the Chrysler was once owned by Jon Voight it might be worth it.

Frigo's Luggage said:
Yeah...But if the Chrysler was once owned by Jon Voight it might be worth it.

You'll need the bite marks to prove it.

kennf said:
Funny thing though, the bikes are referred to as the "6.9". But during the Tour, the team rode the "black" carbon frames, which were re-badged as 6.9s (which use the "red" carbon). The real 6.9 frames were not available at the time.

So are these really 6.9s, or the "fake" re-badged 6.9s? If they are the "black" carbon, then the bike is worth less than $5000 new. Of course, anyone who buys one of these won't give a ****. They should ship with an "authentic" yellow jersey for those Saturday park rides.

I thought they were 6.9 proto-types.

Bro Deal said:
This reminds me of something I heard about Chris Horner. When he was on a domestic team his contract specified that he got all the team's bikes at the end of the seaso so he could sell them to in effect increase his salary. By all, I was told, all--not just the ones he used.
Must have been a hell of a contract when he had that specific clause in it.

Bro Deal said:
What's his eBay ID? What's his rating like? :D