For those who have PT SL... its those wires!

tanggoman

Sep 22, 2003
What kind of tape did you guys use to put those wiring neatly in place? I know zip ties wont do any good as its going to look like sh!t!!! Any suggestions/ideas? Thanks.

tanggoman said:
What kind of tape did you guys use to put those wiring neatly in place? I know zip ties wont do any good as its going to look like sh!t!!! Any suggestions/ideas? Thanks.

the PTs come with thin clear sticky tape, that you use to tape the wires to your frame. the zip ties are for the receiver on the rear triangle and the computer mount.

ric

ric_stern/RST said:
the PTs come with thin clear sticky tape, that you use to tape the wires to your frame.
Ah... that's what they are for... :eek: Thanks! :D

ric_stern/RST said:
the PTs come with thin clear sticky tape, that you use to tape the wires to your frame. the zip ties are for the receiver on the rear triangle and the computer mount.

ric
I use that clear sticky tape but it doesn't appear very durable. I run the wire across the top tube and down the seat stay. The tape on the seat stay is easily contaminated when cleaning the bike and has come loose.

Incidently where do you "store" the excess wire ?

mickthomas said:
I use that clear sticky tape but it doesn't appear very durable. I run the wire across the top tube and down the seat stay. The tape on the seat stay is easily contaminated when cleaning the bike and has come loose.

i find that cleaning the frame *prior* to installation helps. once the frame is clean, dry it well. where i attache the tape, i wipe it over with a kitchen towel, to remove any traces of grease of water, the sticky stuff then sticks well! mine's been on for a year now!

the excess wire i wrap around my brake cable that comes directly off my handlebars.

ric

Also, if you use a long enough piece of tape that it wraps all the way around the tube and then lays back on itself, a lot of the issues involving the tape sticking to the frame material go away. It sticks to itself pretty darn well, and will stay in a loop even if it wants to pull up from the frame in spots.

I use electrical tape, which is virtually invisible on a nude carbon frame if done correctly. Tidy, and reduces 'wire rattle' which drives me nuts.

mickthomas said:
I wrap it around the base of the CPU mount before securing the mount with zip ties, which holds the lot in one spot. Leave enough slack if mounted on bars/stem to allow for the bars to freely rotate without stressing the wire.