for those who havn't seen this article

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by [email protected], Jul 28, 2004.

  1. Tags:

  2. Brian P

    Brian P Guest

    I used to read him when I lived in Chicago. Just another ignorant column in
    a long line.
    I treat these guys like the trolls that they are and just disregard the
    nonsense.

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hey all,
    >
    > in case you haven't read this article, it says that cyclists are not
    > real athletes. Check it out.
    >
    > http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/col_imrem.asp?intid=38194111
    >
    > I wrote the dumbass a letter, it won't mean anything, but it pissed me
    > off enough.

  3. AC

    AC Guest

  4. Jiyang Chen

    Jiyang Chen Guest

  5. [email protected] wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hey all,
    >
    > in case you haven't read this article, it says that cyclists are not
    > real athletes. Check it out.
    >
    > http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/col_imrem.asp?intid=38194111
    >
    > I wrote the dumbass a letter, it won't mean anything, but it pissed me
    > off enough.

    You can send these jerks emails and get nowhere or..

    write in to the editorial page, a letter explaining how they are
    wrong, and how context comparisons aren't viable measures of athletic
    ability. You'll get more notice if they publish your letter, you'll
    get zilch if the troll just forwards your email to the bin.

  6. Richard Adams wrote:

    > [email protected] wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>Hey all,
    >>
    >>in case you haven't read this article, it says that cyclists are not
    >>real athletes. Check it out.
    >>
    >>http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/col_imrem.asp?intid=38194111
    >>
    >>I wrote the dumbass a letter, it won't mean anything, but it pissed me
    >>off enough.

    > You can send these jerks emails and get nowhere or..
    >
    > write in to the editorial page, a letter explaining how they are
    > wrong, and how context comparisons aren't viable measures of athletic
    > ability. You'll get more notice if they publish your letter, you'll
    > get zilch if the troll just forwards your email to the bin.

    Or as suggested by O'Grady at velonews.com in the Friday Foaming Rant,
    let it die a peaceful death. The Guy's a dipshit. He's just loking for
    the hate mail so he can say, "see they're reading me....."