For those with shaved or close clipped heads

jack rackham

Apr 7, 2005
After 50 miles yesterday in bright sunshine, I now have a very neat and precise sun-tan pattern that closely reflects the vents in my Giro Pneumo. How do you "baldies" deal with this problem. Today, my co-workers have nick-named me Darth Maul. Help!

jack rackham said:
After 50 miles yesterday in bright sunshine, I now have a very neat and precise sun-tan pattern that closely reflects the vents in my Giro Pneumo. How do you "baldies" deal with this problem. Today, my co-workers have nick-named me Darth Maul. Help!
Wear a cap under your helmet....but THAT is just too funny!:D

jack rackham said:

Try wearing a skull cap under your helmet.

I use sunblock of a high spf. It doesn't completely prevent a slight tanning, but thankfully there's some short hair still on my head (it just won't grow, dammit!!!) that prevents it from being too noticeable.

I'm pale, and shave my head. I use sunscreen. Make sure you get some that won't run into your eyes when you sweat.

jack rackham said:
http://www.headsweats.com/ - have quite a selection

For me the wraps appear better than the sunscreen factor due to sweating, etc...

As long as you aren't growing little horns like Darth Maul had you should be ok, the helmet will still fit on properly

Thanks. I have one of the headsweats "shortys". It's just hot. I was wondering if anybody had a different idea. I guess I'll stock up on bandanas.

I use an 45 spf sun block. by the first few rides and normal sun exposure it all evens out