For those young at heart

mike_1630

Dec 8, 2004
I’m not sure where to begin… first off, I’m an indie-filmmaker gearing up to do a documentary on three bicyclist crossing the country. More importantly though, and more relevant to this forum, this film is a labor of love for me as a result of a 4,000 mile tour I did in 2001, I zigzagged my way east to west – starting from Ann Arbor, MI and eventually, finishing in San Francisco, CA. It was trip that changed, not necessarily my day-to-day life, but my mindset about life. Every where I go, even today, four years later, there is a reminder in the back of my mind – always reliving that powerful experience.

Anyways, I’m getting side tracked - why am I writing this? Well, this film, currently referred to as: Project Pedal, is still in preproduction, the leave-date is set for May 29th, 2005 [which will mark the four year anniversary of my first xc-trip], and honestly, I’m simply looking for support, for fellow bicyclist who might find not only the film itself interesting, but the story behind the film as well.

“For me, the bike trip and the process of making a film, are essentially one in the same. Biting off more than you're sure you can chew. Setting out to accomplish something that scares you, something that might, in the end, better who you are. And help you, slowly but surely, realize you're potential to meet any overwhelming [seemingly unrealistic] goal you set for yourself... eventually.”

So – please, if you love bicycling, if you love touring, if you’re one of the rare-breeds who loves to test the limits of the human heart [via bike & open road]… then take a moment to visit Project Pedal’s website at: http://projectpedal.blogspot.com

Ps. If you are preparing for a xc bike trip – around or shortly after the month of May, and are planning to ride a northern route, feel free to contact me – I would be very interested in crossing paths and possibly interviewing you for the documentary.