For When Your Regular Horn Isn't Enough... Now Introducing Train Horns For Harassing Cyclists.

The road is straight and there's a clear, wide shoulder. Well, there might be a seam in the pavement about 18 inches from the line, but I'm seeing no reason to ride that far out in the traffic lane.

Well, yeah, there's no reason for the train horn either, but . . .

Too far out. Should have been on the white line as the others were especially when you can see there's a double yellow line.

That said, I would have shat myself with the sound of the horn :)

I agree with the others here, you were riding a little to far into the lane. By the looks of the road in shot, you could have been on the other side of the line without any probs. That said, idiot drivers shouldn't be aggressive because they see someone riding a bike in a manner they don't agree with.

I'd like to see police stop shooting unarmed african americans and start putting aggressive drivers out of their miserable existence.

It that kind of traffic and with a group of that size it is called 'taking the lane'. Perfectly legal and perfectly acceptable in my state. It's far safer than making it inviting for one car after another to sweep by the group with mirrors mere inches away and allowing NO ROOM for moving around any potholes (it's Spring in America and our roads doth mightily suck donkey ballz) or other obstacles should the need arise.

The pace line was moving at training speeds. They were not much of an obstruction nor were they impeding traffic.

The pass by the Ford Excursion/Expedition was safe. He had a ton of room. I could see no oncoming traffic in the video other than the hatchback/station wagon that was carrying two racked bikes...and he politely moved to the berm to give the cyclists and oncoming motorized traffic more room to facilitate the pass.

The fact that the Chevy SUV that was running ahead of the Ford passed safely and with no need to hit an air horn tells me the Excursion driver was just trying to be an asshat. He succeeded.

In rendering my considered judgment in this case, I find zero fault with the cyclists other than they all failed to draw select-fire assault rifles and turn the Excursion/Expedition into Swiss cheese.

#cyclistseardrumsmatter!

Reactions: dhk2 and steve
Quote by Nigel:
"Too far out. Should have been on the white line as the others were especially when you can see there's a double yellow line."

It is LEGAL by state law to pass slow moving traffic (cyclists, Amish buggies, tractors, construction equipment, etc.) by crossing over the double yellow lines if traffic conditions permit.

At 1:19:30, you can see that the shoulder ends 5 seconds after he passes us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnjv8yFo3_g

Yup...training speed. Large group of riders. Typical on & off shoulder (Ohio is notorious for no berms, crappy shoulders and those moronic rumble strips!

I would strangle the guy that invented rumble strips to death with my bare hands!

Excursion/Expedition driver was a douche nozzle.

steve said:
I agree with the others here, you were riding a little to far into the lane. By the looks of the road in shot, you could have been on the other side of the line without any probs. That said, idiot drivers shouldn't be aggressive because they see someone riding a bike in a manner they don't agree with.

I'd like to see police stop shooting unarmed african americans and start putting aggressive drivers out of their miserable existence.
They shoot white people also but that is not newsworthy. One was shot in the next county over just last night. In theory he had a BB gun in his hands.

Quote by JH:
"In theory he had a BB gun in his hands."

Ah...the ever popular Tamir Rice Syndrome. It took Cleveland cops less than three seconds (2.6 to be precise) to kill Tamir Rice this winter. That video is epic in its stupidity from start to finish. Of course, that was no world record as they dumped something like 137 rounds into a couple of drugaholics last year.

As for the SC shooting...if you run from the police they're going to come for you and they're bringing an ass-kicking regardless of the pigment of your hide.

Someone queue the Chris Rock videos on how to act around the police!

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igQDvYOt_iA[/media]

JH is correct. If I pulled something stupid (say...like getting caught riding shimaNO) and the cops put a magazine or two worth of precious metals (copper, lead and brass in this case) into my skinny white ass...it wouldn't make page 5 of section 2 of the local newspaper.

#campy'slifedon'tmatter

The vast majority of American LEO's are honest, hard working and patriots that obey the laws they are sworn to uphold. Like any other occupation in life law enforcement is sometime infiltrated by a few morons.

Back on topic, Collin's group was the victim of a white (playing the odds here) flatbill bill hilly driving a brodozer wannabee. The faux train horn was probably backed up by a musical note horn programmed to play the theme from "The Dukes of Hazzard". AmIright?

"Just good old boys!
Never meanin' no harm!"

There's always going to be angry drivers, regardless of how or where you ride. The horn is obviously just someone's sick idea of a funny joke

He might have been a little far out, but that's no excuse for the train horn. That could cause an accident. That would be illegal in my state, and if anyone does that to me, I will be owning their car, and maybe their house, before it is over. The maximum level for a passenger vehicle in Ga. is 110 decibels. Train horns are 150+ decibels. If this causes an accident, the driver will be charged with O.C.G.A. 16-5-60 (2010): Misdemeanor Reckless Endangerment, and subject to a fine of not more than $1000.00 and/or 11 months and 29 days in a County Correctional facility. If it causes a serious injury or death, then it is a felony, and carries a 5-20 year sentence in State Prison.

Quote by schwinnhund:
"I will be owning their car, and maybe their house, before it is over. The maximum level for a passenger vehicle in Ga. is 110 decibels. Train horns are 150+ decibels. If this causes an accident, the driver will be charged with O.C.G.A. 16-5-60 (2010): Misdemeanor Reckless Endangerment, and subject to a fine of not more than $1000.00 and/or 11 months and 29 days in a County Correctional facility. If it causes a serious injury or death, then it is a felony, and carries a 5-20 year sentence in State Prison."

I like the cut of your jib, sir!

If you publish a newsletter, I wish to subscribe.

Public roads are no place for such Tomfoolery. It's not a game we're playing out there.

Squirrely riding in my opinion.

You moved very quickly almost 2 feet left into the lane for no apparent reason and that might have been the reason for the horn.

Learn to ride a straight line? Stay right? The hand signal was lame......you should have snicked the safety.

You know, I don't think I've ever honked at a cyclist before, and not just because I cycle on a regular basis. I've usually scene motorists being terrible people on the road rather than cyclists, and so I've never had much of a reason to get angry with a cyclist. If someone honked at me like that, I would consider pulling out a gun to make them think twice about doing it again later on. I obviously wouldn't discharge my weapon. I'm not that reckless.

That's nice, nothing like flipping the driver off that may cause the driver to turn around and run you over, what a jackass.

I have honked at riders before usually because they're riding double file but only a real short honk which makes them wake up and move over.

I've never liked horns on a bike, and thus have never installed one. I also don't take kindly to other road users who blow their horns when it's not necessary to do so. But that's a pretty interesting video. Thanks for sharing it with us!

A train horn..... give me a break. Because a regular horn is not startling enough. That car driver could be the kind of annoying and uproarious person. Yikes