till!

New Member
Nov 19, 2004
http://search.ebay.com.au/track-frame_W0QQcatrefZC3QQcatrefZC6QQcoactionZcompareQQcoentrypageZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQfclZ3QQfromZR2QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ2QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsbrexpZWD4SQQssPageNameZWD4S

A couple of kerry hopkins track frames.

till

till! said:
Soo nasty, try this one instead; http://tinyurl.com/b7a8c

tempting... so tempting... if only i could justify it to the keeper of the funds and monitor of the mortage...

was surprised when i wandered into work this morning to find a nice looking fixie leaning up against my office wall - Thought somebody had read my mind and bought me a pressie!

Odd little beast it was. Orange and black Ken Evans frame... Not sure if that makes it high-spec or not, but definitely gave me something to ponder other than work for the first hour or so!

"till!" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

http://search.ebay.com.au/track-fra...QftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsbrexpZWD4SQQssPageNameZWD4S

> A couple of kerry hopkins track frames.
>
> till
>
> --
> till!

SShhhhhh.......I am looking seriously at the two massive frames (Jim Bundy
track frame and unpainted Kerry Hopkins road frame)......don't tell the
missus or any of the tall blokes in here (although I am hoping that not too
many other guys would be able to get a leg over a 64cm c-c seat tube!!!

Ride On,

Gags

Gags said:
"till!" <[email protected]>
SShhhhhh.......I am looking seriously at the two massive frames (Jim Bundy
track frame and unpainted Kerry Hopkins road frame)......don't tell the
missus or any of the tall blokes in here (although I am hoping that not too
many other guys would be able to get a leg over a 64cm c-c seat tube!!!
They're all backwards for me, longer leg than arm. I must be slightly gorilla or something. I have an unbuilt kerry hopkins road frame at home, it was just a bit short in the reach so I got another frame.

till

Gags said:
"till!" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

http://search.ebay.com.au/track-fra...QftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsbrexpZWD4SQQssPageNameZWD4S

> A couple of kerry hopkins track frames.
>
> till
>
> --
> till!

SShhhhhh.......I am looking seriously at the two massive frames (Jim Bundy
track frame and unpainted Kerry Hopkins road frame)......don't tell the
missus or any of the tall blokes in here (although I am hoping that not too
many other guys would be able to get a leg over a 64cm c-c seat tube!!!

Ride On,

Gags
64c-c?

sounds just my size!

thanks for that! ;)

Gags wrote:
> till wrote:
> >A couple of kerry hopkins track frames.

> SShhhhhh.......I am looking seriously at the two massive frames (Jim Bundy
> track frame and unpainted Kerry Hopkins road frame)......don't tell the
> missus or any of the tall blokes in here (although I am hoping that not too
> many other guys would be able to get a leg over a 64cm c-c seat tube!!!

i looked at this and am curious about the size of this thing;
Seat Tube Measurement (centre to centre) - 64cm
Top Tube Measurement (centre to centre) - 58cm

i went to; http://www.bikebuster.com/stelguide.cfm
and worked out the frame size for myself(see below)..

with an inside leg of 80cm, height 188cm, best size for me is 53-55 cm.

then worked out, inner leg of 95cm, height of 205cm is about right for
roadbike max. height of 65 cm, which makes this bike c'n hoooj!
and the rider even c'n hoooojer!!!

cheers,

kim

Calculate your right frame size and saddle height

Suggested framesize, traditional geometry:

MTB min. height 17.44 inches 43.60 cm
MTB max. height 18.91 inches 47.28 cm
Roadbike min. height 52.80 cm
Roadbike max. height 54.64 cm

Suggested framesize, slooping geometry:

Zegno XL
Scott XXL
Wilier XXL

Suggested saddle height
Crank length 170 mm 70.77 cm
Crank length 172.5 mm (standard) 70.64 cm
Crank length 175 mm 70.52 cm

"Kim Hawtin" <kim@ratbag> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Gags wrote:
> > till wrote:
> > >A couple of kerry hopkins track frames.

> > SShhhhhh.......I am looking seriously at the two massive frames (Jim

Bundy
> > track frame and unpainted Kerry Hopkins road frame)......don't tell the
> > missus or any of the tall blokes in here (although I am hoping that not

too
> > many other guys would be able to get a leg over a 64cm c-c seat tube!!!

> i looked at this and am curious about the size of this thing;
> Seat Tube Measurement (centre to centre) - 64cm
> Top Tube Measurement (centre to centre) - 58cm
>
> i went to; http://www.bikebuster.com/stelguide.cfm
> and worked out the frame size for myself(see below)..
>
> with an inside leg of 80cm, height 188cm, best size for me is 53-55 cm.
>
> then worked out, inner leg of 95cm, height of 205cm is about right for
> roadbike max. height of 65 cm, which makes this bike c'n hoooj!
> and the rider even c'n hoooojer!!!
>
> cheers,
>
> kim

> Calculate your right frame size and saddle height
>
> Suggested framesize, traditional geometry:
>
> MTB min. height 17.44 inches 43.60 cm
> MTB max. height 18.91 inches 47.28 cm
> Roadbike min. height 52.80 cm
> Roadbike max. height 54.64 cm
>
> Suggested framesize, slooping geometry:
>
> Zegno XL
> Scott XXL
> Wilier XXL
>
> Suggested saddle height
> Crank length 170 mm 70.77 cm
> Crank length 172.5 mm (standard) 70.64 cm
> Crank length 175 mm 70.52 cm

I just entered my measurements on that site (196cm tall and 96cm inner leg)
and I got the following:

MTB min. height 20.93 inches 52.32 cm

MTB max. height 22.69 inches 56.74 cm

Roadbike min. height 63.36 cm

Roadbike max. height 65.57 cm

So, according to this, the 64cm seat tube should be pretty well on the money
for me.

All I have to do now is hope that no-one else bids on it and I get it for
$101.

Ride On,

Gags

Gags wrote:
> Kim wrote:
> > Gags wrote:
> > > SShhhhhh.......I am looking seriously at the two massive frames (Jim Bundy
> > > track frame and unpainted Kerry Hopkins road frame)......don't tell the
> > > missus or any of the tall blokes in here (although I am hoping that not to

> I just entered my measurements on that site (196cm tall and 96cm inner leg)
> and I got the following:

> Roadbike min. height 63.36 cm
>
> Roadbike max. height 65.57 cm
>
> So, according to this, the 64cm seat tube should be pretty well on the money
> for me.
>
> All I have to do now is hope that no-one else bids on it and I get it for
> $101.

so, dijagetit?

kim