Forbes Mag is a Sham!

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Benjamin Holdt, Apr 14, 2004.

  1. "News is what someone wants to suppress. Everything else is
    advertising". -former NBC news prez Rubin Frank

    Forbes Magazine is just another source of political payoffs,
    propaganda and tools for injudicious lawsuits. After a
    recent article appeared in Forbes Magazine that I had first
    hand knowledge on, I saw fabrications, biased statements and
    outright lies that were made by the reporter. Knowing the
    facts of this story, it was obvious to me that the space in
    this magazine was "bought" by the attorneys initiating their
    lawsuit to create better leverage for their case. I was
    outraged by this deceitful form of manipulation, which
    prompted me to look further into this reputation of this
    magazine. What I found confirmed to me that Forbes magazine
    is nothing more than a vehicle for unethical political
    figures and unscrupulous attorneys who are using the media
    to create a disinformed opinion to secure their high
    yielding lawsuits. The readers of this magazine are being
    deviously manipulated by underhanded reporters and editors
    who have sold out. The following links clearly show the
    evidence of this politically protected sham.

    Ivanhoe Mines Chairman Robert Friedland says Forbes Magazine
    fails to accurately and fairly report the facts about
    Mongolia discovery. http://www.forrelease.com/D20031110/va2-
    45.P1.11102003164529.15165.html

    Schizophrenic Forbes Magazine http://www.opednews.com/kelly-
    _schizophrenic_forbes_magazine.htm

    Berezovsky Settles with Forbes - Now Faces Battle with
    Russian Government http://www.carter-ruck.com/articles/200306-
    Berezovsky.html

    Forbes Magazine Doesn't Understand Capitalism
    www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/3880

    Allegations Regarding Vince Foster
    http://nick.assumption.edu/WebVAX/Foster/Grabbe11Nov96.html

    Federal Election Commission filed a complaint in United
    States District Court FEC v. Forbe,s when Malcolm Forbes
    used his own magazine to disseminate the his views on his
    own candidacy for president, essentially, promoting his own
    issues. http://www.fec.gov/members/mason/masonstatement4.htm

    The media is also quite interconnected with politicians for
    a reason. Caspar Weinberger, formerly Ronald Reagan's
    Trilateral Commission Defense Secretary, chairman of Forbes
    magazine. http://news.uns.purdue.edu/UNS/html3month/020919.-
    Weinberger.lead.html

    Six months after publication, Biospherics filed this
    defamation action against Waxler and Forbes, Inc., publisher
    of Forbes, identify- ing the three statements emphasized
    above as defamatory. Biospherics maintained that as a result
    of the publication of these statements the value of its
    stock plummeted, injuring its "reputation and business." The
    company alleged that the publication caused "the diminution
    and suppression of the value of its stock, the loss of good
    will, the expense of restoring its wrongfully injured
    reputation, the loss of business opportunities, and the loss
    of its ability to raise funds through public offerings." It
    claimed damages in excess of $15 mil- lion."
    http://www.law.emory.edu/4circuit/aug98/981118.p.html

    Richard Lloyd Carr, an engineer who develops privately
    financed public infrastructure projects, brought this action
    asserting that Forbes, Incorporated defamed him by
    publishing an article casting doubt on the integrity of his
    conduct and his representations. http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-
    bin/getcase.pl?court=4th&navby=case&no=002555P

    The list goes on and on. Seeing the political influence of
    this publication, and then finding out all of the innocent
    businesses and people that were publicly defamed, its
    obvious that this magazine is nothing more than a self
    serving vehicle for public manipulation.
    http://www.realchange.org/forbes.htm

    Tags:

  2. Jr

    Jr Guest

    you have way too much time on your hands mister

    "Benjamin Holdt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
> [...]
    > wrongfully injured reputation, the loss of business
    > opportunities, and the loss of its ability to raise funds
    > through public offerings." It claimed damages in excess of
    > $15 mil- lion."
    > http://www.law.emory.edu/4circuit/aug98/981118.p.html
    >
    > Richard Lloyd Carr, an engineer who develops privately
    > financed public infrastructure projects, brought this
    > action asserting that Forbes, Incorporated defamed him by
    > publishing an article casting doubt on the integrity of
    > his conduct and his representations.

    http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-
    bin/getcase.pl?court=4th&navby=case&no=002555P

    > The list goes on and on. Seeing the political influence of
    > this publication, and then finding out all of the innocent
    > businesses and people that were publicly defamed, its
    > obvious that this magazine is nothing more than a self
    > serving vehicle for public manipulation.

  3. Jon Young

    Jon Young Guest

    I'm sure he really meant to post this crap in a political
    commentary newsgroup where somebody might remotely give a
    Flying F&^k but just happened to drop here in the Orioles
    group by accident.

> [...]
    > wrongfully injured reputation, the loss of business
    > opportunities, and the loss of its ability to raise funds
    > through public offerings." It claimed damages in excess of
    > $15 mil- lion."
    > http://www.law.emory.edu/4circuit/aug98/981118.p.html
    >
    > Richard Lloyd Carr, an engineer who develops privately
    > financed public infrastructure projects, brought this
    > action asserting that Forbes, Incorporated defamed him by
    > publishing an article casting doubt on the integrity of
    > his conduct and his representations.

    http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-
    bin/getcase.pl?court=4th&navby=case&no=002555P

    > The list goes on and on. Seeing the political influence of
    > this publication, and then finding out all of the innocent
    > businesses and people that were publicly defamed, its
    > obvious that this magazine is nothing more than a self
    > serving vehicle for public manipulation.

  4. Gt

    Gt Guest

    I think he was referring to a front page splash in the April
    19 issue, "Poison Pills - The men and money pushing
    dangerous diet supplements".

    There is growing media hype which is funded by the
    pharmaceutical industries to curtail food supplement sales.
    This is just another incident.

    GT

    "Jon Young" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
> [...]
    > > ing the three statements emphasized above as defamatory.
    > > Biospherics maintained that as a result of the
    > > publication of
    these
    > > statements the value of its stock plummeted,
    > > injuring its
    "reputation
    > > and business." The company alleged that the publication
    > > caused
    "the
    > > diminution and suppression of the value of its stock,
    > > the loss of
    good
    > > will, the expense of restoring its wrongfully injured
    > > reputation,
    the
    > > loss of business opportunities, and the loss of its
    > > ability to
    raise
    > > funds through public offerings." It claimed damages in
    mil-