Forbes Mag is a Sham!

Benjamin Holdt

Guest
"News is what someone wants to suppress. Everything else is
advertising". -former NBC news prez Rubin Frank

Forbes Magazine is just another source of political payoffs,
propaganda and tools for injudicious lawsuits. After a
recent article appeared in Forbes Magazine that I had first
hand knowledge on, I saw fabrications, biased statements and
outright lies that were made by the reporter. Knowing the
facts of this story, it was obvious to me that the space in
this magazine was "bought" by the attorneys initiating their
lawsuit to create better leverage for their case. I was
outraged by this deceitful form of manipulation, which
prompted me to look further into this reputation of this
magazine. What I found confirmed to me that Forbes magazine
is nothing more than a vehicle for unethical political
figures and unscrupulous attorneys who are using the media
to create a disinformed opinion to secure their high
yielding lawsuits. The readers of this magazine are being
deviously manipulated by underhanded reporters and editors
who have sold out. The following links clearly show the
evidence of this politically protected sham.

Ivanhoe Mines Chairman Robert Friedland says Forbes Magazine
fails to accurately and fairly report the facts about
Mongolia discovery. http://www.forrelease.com/D20031110/va2-
45.P1.11102003164529.15165.html

Schizophrenic Forbes Magazine http://www.opednews.com/kelly-
_schizophrenic_forbes_magazine.htm

Berezovsky Settles with Forbes - Now Faces Battle with
Russian Government http://www.carter-ruck.com/articles/200306-
Berezovsky.html

Forbes Magazine Doesn't Understand Capitalism
www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/3880

Allegations Regarding Vince Foster
http://nick.assumption.edu/WebVAX/Foster/Grabbe11Nov96.html

Federal Election Commission filed a complaint in United
States District Court FEC v. Forbe,s when Malcolm Forbes
used his own magazine to disseminate the his views on his
own candidacy for president, essentially, promoting his own
issues. http://www.fec.gov/members/mason/masonstatement4.htm

The media is also quite interconnected with politicians for
a reason. Caspar Weinberger, formerly Ronald Reagan's
Trilateral Commission Defense Secretary, chairman of Forbes
magazine. http://news.uns.purdue.edu/UNS/html3month/020919.-
Weinberger.lead.html

Six months after publication, Biospherics filed this
defamation action against Waxler and Forbes, Inc., publisher
of Forbes, identify- ing the three statements emphasized
above as defamatory. Biospherics maintained that as a result
of the publication of these statements the value of its
stock plummeted, injuring its "reputation and business." The
company alleged that the publication caused "the diminution
and suppression of the value of its stock, the loss of good
will, the expense of restoring its wrongfully injured
reputation, the loss of business opportunities, and the loss
of its ability to raise funds through public offerings." It
claimed damages in excess of $15 mil- lion."
http://www.law.emory.edu/4circuit/aug98/981118.p.html

Richard Lloyd Carr, an engineer who develops privately
financed public infrastructure projects, brought this action
asserting that Forbes, Incorporated defamed him by
publishing an article casting doubt on the integrity of his
conduct and his representations. http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-
bin/getcase.pl?court=4th&navby=case&no=002555P

The list goes on and on. Seeing the political influence of
this publication, and then finding out all of the innocent
businesses and people that were publicly defamed, its
obvious that this magazine is nothing more than a self
serving vehicle for public manipulation.
http://www.realchange.org/forbes.htm

you have way too much time on your hands mister

"Benjamin Holdt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [...]
> wrongfully injured reputation, the loss of business
> opportunities, and the loss of its ability to raise funds
> through public offerings." It claimed damages in excess of
> $15 mil- lion."
> http://www.law.emory.edu/4circuit/aug98/981118.p.html
>
> Richard Lloyd Carr, an engineer who develops privately
> financed public infrastructure projects, brought this
> action asserting that Forbes, Incorporated defamed him by
> publishing an article casting doubt on the integrity of
> his conduct and his representations.

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-
bin/getcase.pl?court=4th&navby=case&no=002555P

> The list goes on and on. Seeing the political influence of
> this publication, and then finding out all of the innocent
> businesses and people that were publicly defamed, its
> obvious that this magazine is nothing more than a self
> serving vehicle for public manipulation.

I'm sure he really meant to post this **** in a political
commentary newsgroup where somebody might remotely give a
Flying F&^k but just happened to drop here in the Orioles
group by accident.

> [...]
> wrongfully injured reputation, the loss of business
> opportunities, and the loss of its ability to raise funds
> through public offerings." It claimed damages in excess of
> $15 mil- lion."
> http://www.law.emory.edu/4circuit/aug98/981118.p.html
>
> Richard Lloyd Carr, an engineer who develops privately
> financed public infrastructure projects, brought this
> action asserting that Forbes, Incorporated defamed him by
> publishing an article casting doubt on the integrity of
> his conduct and his representations.

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-
bin/getcase.pl?court=4th&navby=case&no=002555P

> The list goes on and on. Seeing the political influence of
> this publication, and then finding out all of the innocent
> businesses and people that were publicly defamed, its
> obvious that this magazine is nothing more than a self
> serving vehicle for public manipulation.

I think he was referring to a front page splash in the April
19 issue, "Poison Pills - The men and money pushing
dangerous diet supplements".

There is growing media hype which is funded by the
pharmaceutical industries to curtail food supplement sales.
This is just another incident.

GT

"Jon Young" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [...]
> > ing the three statements emphasized above as defamatory.
> > Biospherics maintained that as a result of the
> > publication of
these
> > statements the value of its stock plummeted,
> > injuring its
"reputation
> > and business." The company alleged that the publication
> > caused
"the
> > diminution and suppression of the value of its stock,
> > the loss of
good
> > will, the expense of restoring its wrongfully injured
> > reputation,
the
> > loss of business opportunities, and the loss of its
> > ability to
raise
> > funds through public offerings." It claimed damages in
mil-