Force Ten Assault tent

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by John And Paulin, Feb 21, 2004.

  1. Hello all, Just arrived mt new Force Ten tent. Looking forward to some widy trips! Pictures showing
    http://www.pbase.com/john28july All the best, John.

    Tags:

  2. Hello, Its bright Orange so you can see it when you get lost!!!??? John.

    --
    http://www.pbase.com/john28july "Paul Saunders" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > John and Pauline at Thornbury wrote:
    >
    > > Just arrived mt new Force Ten tent. Looking forward to some widy trips! Pictures showing
    > > http://www.pbase.com/john28july
    >
    > Looks very nice! Not a very subtle colour though, is it?
    >
    > Paul
    > --
    > http://www.wilderness-wales.co.uk http://www.wildwales.fsnet.co.uk
    > http://www.photosig.com/go/users/userphotos?id=118749

  3. Peter Clinch

    Peter Clinch Guest

    John and Pauline at Thornbury wrote:

    > Its bright Orange so you can see it when you get lost!!!???

    A Force 10 that isn't bright orange just isn't right somehow, unless it's pale orange from a long
    life of sun fading. There were the old CN versions with a green fly, but as they still needed a team
    of trained men to carry anywhere most people didn't bother going "light" with them IME.

    Pete.
    http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

  4. Rifleman

    Rifleman Guest

    > John and Pauline at Thornbury wrote:
    >
    > > Its bright Orange so you can see it when you get lost!!!???
    >
    > A Force 10 that isn't bright orange just isn't right somehow, unless it's pale orange from a long
    > life of sun fading. There were the old CN versions with a green fly, but as they still needed a
    > team of trained men to carry anywhere most people didn't bother going "light" with them
    IME.

    > Pete.
    > --
    > Peter Clinch University of Dundee Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Medical Physics, Ninewells
    > Hospital Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK net [email protected]
    > http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

    Nothing better than descending from a very exacting day in foul weather and seeing the warm orange
    glow of Force Ten's looming out of the clag......

  5. Peter Clinch

    Peter Clinch Guest

    Rifleman wrote:

    > Nothing better than descending from a very exacting day in foul weather=
    and
    > seeing the warm orange glow of Force Ten's looming out of the clag.....=
    =2E

    My Tarra ("the Crimson Palace") is fairly loud (see=20
    http://www.personal.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/pictures.htm#paddling) and=20 actually shows up even
    better than a F10 in snow. I would've preferred green, but due to the way the stock and discount=20
    possibilities worked it would've been an extra =A375, so I decided red wa= s=20 good after all... I
    like the way the combination of the yellow inner=20 and red outer make sunny mornings into a warm
    glow inside, reminiscent=20 of the old F10s.

    The Spacepacker, in dark green, is rather better if I want to be in=20 Stealth Mode.

    Pete. --=20 Peter Clinch University of Dundee Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Medical Physics,

  6. Peter Clinch <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    > A Force 10 that isn't bright orange just isn't right somehow, unless it's pale orange from a long
    > life of sun fading. There were the old CN versions with a green fly, but as they still needed a
    > team of trained men to carry anywhere most people didn't bother going "light" with them IME.

    Don't know about the train of teamed "men" but Carol (female!) and I managed the Vango Mk11 on our
    Ultimate Challenge crossing. I also used a Mk111 on the Tour de Mont Blanc. The combination of
    inobtrusive green fly and a warming sunset orange interior was excellent. Sadly, both were recently
    consigned to the Great Campsite in the Sky as were not used in many years, having been usurped by
    the mighty Saunders Spacepacker (green, naturally).

    Anthony

  7. Hello, It doesnt seem possible to compare a Saunders Spacepacker with a Force Ten Assault. The
    Saunders is a lightweight backpacking 3 season tent-not a 5 season windstormer! Best regards. John.

    --
    http://www.pbase.com/john28july
    news:[email protected]...