force, torque, etc.

postal_bag

Jun 12, 2005
I've been trying to understand something about my Cycleops Pro 300PT. I can switch the power display to show hub torque, measured in inch-lbs.

When I review a ride on Cycling Peaks, there is a huge difference between the recorded hub torque and what was showing during the ride.

For example, if I ride at 360 w with a cadence of 90 rpm, the display will read 90-100 inch-lbs, but when I view the file afterwards, Cycling Peaks will show 10.3 lb-in for the same effort.

Are "inch-lbs" different from "lb-in"? Is the display simply lacking a decimal point, which would make the difference significantly less?

So how is this ~100 inch-lbs actually calculated (using the 360 w, 90 rpm example if possible)?

postal_bag said:
I've been trying to understand something about my Cycleops Pro 300PT. I can switch the power display to show hub torque, measured in inch-lbs.

When I review a ride on Cycling Peaks, there is a huge difference between the recorded hub torque and what was showing during the ride.

For example, if I ride at 360 w with a cadence of 90 rpm, the display will read 90-100 inch-lbs, but when I view the file afterwards, Cycling Peaks will show 10.3 lb-in for the same effort.

Are "inch-lbs" different from "lb-in"? Is the display simply lacking a decimal point, which would make the difference significantly less?

So how is this ~100 inch-lbs actually calculated (using the 360 w, 90 rpm example if possible)?
Think I figured it out. Cycling Peaks seems to be displaying hub torque in N-m even though it says lb-in.