Ford = Phinney in 4 years

MagillaGorilla

Guest
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2008/mar08/mar28news

The other unofficial record went to American Taylor Phinney, who
eclipsed the 3'17.775" three kilometre record, which was set by
Australian Michael Ford in 2004, during his individual pursuit
qualifier. The three kilometre distance is the mark for junior riders,
and the 17 year-old Phinney is petitioning to have the time recognised
by the UCI, even though it was set during the senior distance of four
kilometres.

So basically you people are telling me Taylor Phinney, in 4 years, will
be as good as "Michael Ford" is right now. Wow, that sounds promising.

Thanks,

Magilla

On Mar 28, 10:41 am, MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2008/mar08/mar28news
>
> The other unofficial record went to American Taylor Phinney, who
> eclipsed the 3'17.775" three kilometre record, which was set by
> Australian Michael Ford in 2004, during his individual pursuit
> qualifier. The three kilometre distance is the mark for junior riders,
> and the 17 year-old Phinney is petitioning to have the time recognised
> by the UCI, even though it was set during the senior distance of four
> kilometres.

> So basically you people are telling me Taylor Phinney, in 4 years, will
> be as good as "Michael Ford" is right now.  Wow, that sounds promising.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Magilla

Prior to Ford, the record was held by Brad McGee.

Andy Coggan

Andy Coggan wrote:

> On Mar 28, 10:41 am, MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2008/mar08/mar28news
>>
>>The other unofficial record went to American Taylor Phinney, who
>>eclipsed the 3'17.775" three kilometre record, which was set by
>>Australian Michael Ford in 2004, during his individual pursuit
>>qualifier. The three kilometre distance is the mark for junior riders,
>>and the 17 year-old Phinney is petitioning to have the time recognised
>>by the UCI, even though it was set during the senior distance of four
>>kilometres.

>>So basically you people are telling me Taylor Phinney, in 4 years, will
>>be as good as "Michael Ford" is right now. Wow, that sounds promising.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Magilla

> Prior to Ford, the record was held by Brad McGee.
>
> Andy Coggan

Who's McGee - is he any good?

Magilla

On Mar 28, 11:03 am, MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:
> Andy Coggan wrote:
> > On Mar 28, 10:41 am, MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:

> >>http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2008/mar08/mar28news

> >>The other unofficial record went to American Taylor Phinney, who
> >>eclipsed the 3'17.775" three kilometre record, which was set by
> >>Australian Michael Ford in 2004, during his individual pursuit
> >>qualifier. The three kilometre distance is the mark for junior riders,
> >>and the 17 year-old Phinney is petitioning to have the time recognised
> >>by the UCI, even though it was set during the senior distance of four
> >>kilometres.

> >>So basically you people are telling me Taylor Phinney, in 4 years, will
> >>be as good as "Michael Ford" is right now.  Wow, that sounds promising..

> >>Thanks,

> >>Magilla

> > Prior to Ford, the record was held by Brad McGee.

> > Andy Coggan

> Who's McGee - is he any good?

Golden (and also rainbow-striped).

Andy Coggan

On Mar 28, 12:22 pm, Andy Coggan <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Mar 28, 11:03 am, MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > Andy Coggan wrote:

> > > Prior to Ford, the record was held by Brad McGee.

> > > Andy Coggan

> > Who's McGee - is he any good?

> Golden (and also rainbow-striped).
>
> Andy Coggan

Oops, forgot that he's also worn the golden fleece.

Andy Coggan

On Mar 28, 12:26 pm, Andy Coggan <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Mar 28, 12:22 pm, Andy Coggan <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > Who's McGee - is he any good?

> > Golden (and also rainbow-striped).

> > Andy Coggan

> Oops, forgot that he's also worn the golden fleece.

But did he go to college?

--D-y

MagillaGorilla wrote:
> So basically you people are telling me Taylor Phinney, in 4 years, will
> be as good as "Michael Ford" is right now. Wow, that sounds promising.

Dude, I'm not going to respond to the premise of your post,
since that would be silly. But I do take note of your use
of the Kunich debating style to make your point. You know,
the leap of logic that allows TK to create an opinion out
of nothing and assign it to an opponent.

I have a lot of respect for your author. I'm humbled that
he or she found use in the Kunich code.

Bob Schwartz

Bob Schwartz wrote:
> MagillaGorilla wrote:
>
>> So basically you people are telling me Taylor Phinney, in 4 years,
>> will be as good as "Michael Ford" is right now. Wow, that sounds
>> promising.

> Dude, I'm not going to respond to the premise of your post,
> since that would be silly. But I do take note of your use
> of the Kunich debating style to make your point. You know,
> the leap of logic that allows TK to create an opinion out
> of nothing and assign it to an opponent.
>
> I have a lot of respect for your author. I'm humbled that
> he or she found use in the Kunich code.
>
> Bob Schwartz

The premise of my post is valid because all the Colorado-lover chimps in
here go bananas anytime some American does something on a velodrome. So
I used the same velodrome statistic of another rider to show an
alternative potential outcome.

I noticed how Phinney's 8th place in worlds silenced all his
cheerleaders in here.

Magilla