Forerunner, Mpasource and G7towin

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Sticky, Mar 6, 2004.

  1. Sticky

    Sticky Guest

    All,

    I've read reports that it's possible to see your Forerunner tracks in MapSource
    by downloading to G7towin, saving as a PCX file and then importing into
    MapSource. But I cant see any option in G7towin to save in PCX format, what am
    I missing?

    Mark

    Tags:

  2. Sticky

    Sticky Guest

    Sorry all

    I got it sorted, found the option in the Configuration page to switch the
    format to PCX5.

    Mark

    "Sticky" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    text.dial.pipex.com...
    > All,
    >
    > I've read reports that it's possible to see your Forerunner tracks in MapSource
    > by downloading to G7towin, saving as a PCX file and then
    importing
    > into MapSource. But I cant see any option in G7towin to save in PCX
    format,
    > what am I missing?
    >
    > Mark

  3. Kyrr

    Kyrr Guest

    Yes, it is possible. You dont need G7towin or any additional software. Mapsource
    itself has a ability to download tracks from any Garmin GPS device !!!!

    All Garmin maps come inside mapsource package, so if you have one -- just connect
    Forerunner to PC and download tracks!!

    K*

  4. Sticky

    Sticky Guest

    Currently MapSource and the Forerunner are incompatible.

    "kyrr" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Yes, it is possible. You dont need G7towin or any
    > additional software. Mapsource itself has a ability to
    > download tracks from any Garmin GPS device !!!!
    >
    > All Garmin maps come inside mapsource package, so if you
    > have one -- just connect Forerunner to PC and download
    > tracks!!
    >
    > K*

  5. Red Rover

    Red Rover Guest

    I see that Garmin has free logbook software to download from
    the Forerunner. What do those files look like? Plain ASCII?

    I'm trying to help someone else out with mapping their track
    log from a forerunner and thinking I could possibly
    manipulate the logbook file appropriately.

    Steve

    "Sticky" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    text.dial.pipex.com...
    > Currently MapSource and the Forerunner are incompatible.
    >

    > "kyrr" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Yes, it is possible. You dont need G7towin or any
    > > additional software. Mapsource itself has a ability to
    > > download tracks from any Garmin GPS device !!!!
    > >
    > > All Garmin maps come inside mapsource package, so if you
    > > have one --
    just
    > > connect Forerunner to PC and download tracks!!
    > >
    > > K*

  6. Sticky

    Sticky Guest

    The logbook lets you export to an XML file. So far I've got
    G7towin, and Tracklogs(as well as the logbook software) to
    download the data, I'll probably buy the 40km x 40km area
    for £12 from www.tracklogs.co.uk, looks like nice software.

    news:[email protected]...