Forerunner, Mpasource and G7towin

Sticky

Guest
All,

I've read reports that it's possible to see your Forerunner tracks in MapSource
by downloading to G7towin, saving as a PCX file and then importing into
MapSource. But I cant see any option in G7towin to save in PCX format, what am
I missing?

Mark

Sorry all

I got it sorted, found the option in the Configuration page to switch the
format to PCX5.

Mark

"Sticky" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:4049941c$0$19242$cc9e4d1f@news-
text.dial.pipex.com...
> All,
>
> I've read reports that it's possible to see your Forerunner tracks in MapSource
> by downloading to G7towin, saving as a PCX file and then
importing
> into MapSource. But I cant see any option in G7towin to save in PCX
format,
> what am I missing?
>
> Mark

Yes, it is possible. You dont need G7towin or any additional software. Mapsource
itself has a ability to download tracks from any Garmin GPS device !!!!

All Garmin maps come inside mapsource package, so if you have one -- just connect
Forerunner to PC and download tracks!!

K*

Currently MapSource and the Forerunner are incompatible.

"kyrr" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Yes, it is possible. You dont need G7towin or any
> additional software. Mapsource itself has a ability to
> download tracks from any Garmin GPS device !!!!
>
> All Garmin maps come inside mapsource package, so if you
> have one -- just connect Forerunner to PC and download
> tracks!!
>
> K*

I see that Garmin has free logbook software to download from
the Forerunner. What do those files look like? Plain ASCII?

I'm trying to help someone else out with mapping their track
log from a forerunner and thinking I could possibly
manipulate the logbook file appropriately.

Steve

"Sticky" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:4049ea62$0$19223$cc9e4d1f@news-
text.dial.pipex.com...
> Currently MapSource and the Forerunner are incompatible.
>

> "kyrr" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Yes, it is possible. You dont need G7towin or any
> > additional software. Mapsource itself has a ability to
> > download tracks from any Garmin GPS device !!!!
> >
> > All Garmin maps come inside mapsource package, so if you
> > have one --
just
> > connect Forerunner to PC and download tracks!!
> >
> > K*

The logbook lets you export to an XML file. So far I've got
G7towin, and Tracklogs(as well as the logbook software) to
download the data, I'll probably buy the 40km x 40km area
for £12 from www.tracklogs.co.uk, looks like nice software.

news:[email protected]...