Fork Dropouts?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by daveornee, Apr 15, 2008.

  1. daveornee

    daveornee New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2003
    Messages:
    2,763
    I am looking for a couple pair of fork dropouts with double eyelets if possible.
    I would happily settle for used and cut off from damaged forks as long as the dropouts are basically OK. Anyone here know where I can find them?
    dave at ornee dot net
    Western Springs, IL

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>,
    daveornee <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I am looking for a couple pair of fork dropouts with double eyelets if
    > possible.
    > I would happily settle for used and cut off from damaged forks as long
    > as the dropouts are basically OK. Anyone here know where I can find
    > them?

    How about China?
    <http://www.allproducts.com/manufacture6/sanjye/e5.html>

    --
    Michael Press

  3. On 2008-04-16, daveornee <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I am looking for a couple pair of fork dropouts with double eyelets if
    > possible.
    > I would happily settle for used and cut off from damaged forks as long
    > as the dropouts are basically OK. Anyone here know where I can find
    > them?

    All that and more:

    http://www.ceeway.com/Frame Ends 2.htm

    Part #Fe1530

    --

    John ([email protected])

  4. Gary Young

    Gary Young Guest

    On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 18:44:20 -0500, John Thompson wrote:

    > On 2008-04-16, daveornee
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> I am looking for a couple pair of fork dropouts with double eyelets if
    >> possible.
    >> I would happily settle for used and cut off from damaged forks as long
    >> as the dropouts are basically OK. Anyone here know where I can find
    >> them?

    > All that and more:
    >
    > http://www.ceeway.com/Frame Ends 2.htm
    >
    > Part #Fe1530

    Ceeway has great prices and fast shipping to the US (here in Rochester,
    NY I typically get stuff from them faster than I do from vendors on the
    West Coast), but I imagine the shipping charges might be prohibitive for
    such a small item. It looks like Kirk Pacenti carries a couple of
    different fork ends with double eyelets:

    http://bikelugs.com/p-dropouts.html

  5. Gary Young

    Gary Young Guest

    On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 20:41:42 -0500, Gary Young wrote:

    > On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 18:44:20 -0500, John Thompson wrote:
    >
    >> On 2008-04-16, daveornee
    >> <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I am looking for a couple pair of fork dropouts with double eyelets if
    >>> possible.
    >>> I would happily settle for used and cut off from damaged forks as long
    >>> as the dropouts are basically OK. Anyone here know where I can find
    >>> them?

    >> All that and more:
    >>
    >> http://www.ceeway.com/Frame Ends 2.htm
    >>
    >> Part #Fe1530

    > Ceeway has great prices and fast shipping to the US (here in Rochester,
    > NY I typically get stuff from them faster than I do from vendors on the
    > West Coast), but I imagine the shipping charges might be prohibitive for
    > such a small item. It looks like Kirk Pacenti carries a couple of
    > different fork ends with double eyelets:
    >
    > http://bikelugs.com/p-dropouts.html

    Another US source:

    http://www.gaerlan.com/bikeparts/frame/dropouts/dropout.html

  6. daveornee

    daveornee New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2003
    Messages:
    2,763
    Thanks to all who responded.
    I went with Gaerlan as he is in the USA and I talked with him.
    Shipping is $4.60 via domestic USPS Priority Mail.
    He said the FDOs will mail today. I will see what happens with that.
    I will see what happens with my inquiry for sample purchase from Taiwan.
    I am using dropouts to help strengthen the TS-2 stand in conjunction with a clamped steel Shimano QR skewer and hub is preadjusted also using dropouts and steel Shimano QR skewer to attain the correct bearing preload.

  7. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    daveornee aka Dave Ornee wrote:
    > Gary Young Wrote:
    >> [...]
    >> Another US source:
    >>
    >> http://www.gaerlan.com/bikeparts/frame/dropouts/dropout.html

    > Thanks to all who responded.
    > I went with Gaerlan as he is in the USA and I talked with him.
    > Shipping is $4.60 via domestic USPS Priority Mail.
    > He said the FDOs will mail today. I will see what happens with that.[...]

    I have had good experiences dealing with Gaerlan.