Fork Dropouts?

daveornee

New Member
Sep 18, 2003
2,763
I am looking for a couple pair of fork dropouts with double eyelets if possible.
I would happily settle for used and cut off from damaged forks as long as the dropouts are basically OK. Anyone here know where I can find them?
dave at ornee dot net
Western Springs, IL

In article <[email protected]>,
daveornee <[email protected]> wrote:

> I am looking for a couple pair of fork dropouts with double eyelets if
> possible.
> I would happily settle for used and cut off from damaged forks as long
> as the dropouts are basically OK. Anyone here know where I can find
> them?

How about China?
<http://www.allproducts.com/manufacture6/sanjye/e5.html>

--
Michael Press

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 18:44:20 -0500, John Thompson wrote:

> On 2008-04-16, daveornee
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> I am looking for a couple pair of fork dropouts with double eyelets if
>> possible.
>> I would happily settle for used and cut off from damaged forks as long
>> as the dropouts are basically OK. Anyone here know where I can find
>> them?

> All that and more:
>
> http://www.ceeway.com/Frame Ends 2.htm
>
> Part #Fe1530

Ceeway has great prices and fast shipping to the US (here in Rochester,
NY I typically get stuff from them faster than I do from vendors on the
West Coast), but I imagine the shipping charges might be prohibitive for
such a small item. It looks like Kirk Pacenti carries a couple of
different fork ends with double eyelets:

http://bikelugs.com/p-dropouts.html

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 20:41:42 -0500, Gary Young wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 18:44:20 -0500, John Thompson wrote:
>
>> On 2008-04-16, daveornee
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> I am looking for a couple pair of fork dropouts with double eyelets if
>>> possible.
>>> I would happily settle for used and cut off from damaged forks as long
>>> as the dropouts are basically OK. Anyone here know where I can find
>>> them?

>> All that and more:
>>
>> http://www.ceeway.com/Frame Ends 2.htm
>>
>> Part #Fe1530

> Ceeway has great prices and fast shipping to the US (here in Rochester,
> NY I typically get stuff from them faster than I do from vendors on the
> West Coast), but I imagine the shipping charges might be prohibitive for
> such a small item. It looks like Kirk Pacenti carries a couple of
> different fork ends with double eyelets:
>
> http://bikelugs.com/p-dropouts.html

Another US source:

http://www.gaerlan.com/bikeparts/frame/dropouts/dropout.html

Gary Young said:
On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 20:41:42 -0500, Gary Young wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 18:44:20 -0500, John Thompson wrote:
>
>> On 2008-04-16, daveornee
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> I am looking for a couple pair of fork dropouts with double eyelets if
>>> possible.
>>> I would happily settle for used and cut off from damaged forks as long
>>> as the dropouts are basically OK. Anyone here know where I can find
>>> them?

>> All that and more:
>>
>> http://www.ceeway.com/Frame Ends 2.htm
>>
>> Part #Fe1530

> Ceeway has great prices and fast shipping to the US (here in Rochester,
> NY I typically get stuff from them faster than I do from vendors on the
> West Coast), but I imagine the shipping charges might be prohibitive for
> such a small item. It looks like Kirk Pacenti carries a couple of
> different fork ends with double eyelets:
>
> http://bikelugs.com/p-dropouts.html

Another US source:

http://www.gaerlan.com/bikeparts/frame/dropouts/dropout.html
Thanks to all who responded.
I went with Gaerlan as he is in the USA and I talked with him.
Shipping is $4.60 via domestic USPS Priority Mail.
He said the FDOs will mail today. I will see what happens with that.
I will see what happens with my inquiry for sample purchase from Taiwan.
I am using dropouts to help strengthen the TS-2 stand in conjunction with a clamped steel Shimano QR skewer and hub is preadjusted also using dropouts and steel Shimano QR skewer to attain the correct bearing preload.

daveornee aka Dave Ornee wrote:
> Gary Young Wrote:
>> [...]
>> Another US source:
>>
>> http://www.gaerlan.com/bikeparts/frame/dropouts/dropout.html

> Thanks to all who responded.
> I went with Gaerlan as he is in the USA and I talked with him.
> Shipping is $4.60 via domestic USPS Priority Mail.
> He said the FDOs will mail today. I will see what happens with that.[...]

I have had good experiences dealing with Gaerlan.