fork for old steel frame

On May 11, 10:56 am, mtb Dad <[email protected]> wrote:
> Any suggestions for a CF fork for an older steel frame? Maybe one
> that suits the older asthetic. I know I'll need a new headset unless
> I go threaded. Also, should I look for a steel steerer? Hincapie's
> fork incident made me wonder about the newer materials. Thanks

Thanks for all the suggestions and discussion. I was thinking of it
for weight, and a chance to change the bars and stem for a better top
of bar position, but I suppose I can do that with a quill adaptor.
The bike feels great and doesn't seem to be holding me back with my
riding group, but I'm starting to feel a bit self conscious about the
'your bike belongs in a museum' comments. I guess I should be over
the consumer pressure thing by now (age 49), but... sigh.