Fork help needed

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Simon, Feb 14, 2003.

  1. Simon

    Simon Guest

    I've got a problem and a friend recommended this group :)

    I'm trying to upgrade my non-suspension mountain bike and I need to source a set of suspension front
    forks but my head tube is 1" threaded and all I can find are 1.125" unthreaded. I think I might be
    able to fit 1" unthreaded with a new headset but finding anything in 1" is proving difficult.

    Any ideas where I can find some? Preferably London or internet.

    Thanks in advance

    Simon

    PS Aparently I've been told to note that I don't wear bibshorts

    Tags:

  2. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Simon wrote:
    > I'm trying to upgrade my non-suspension mountain bike and I need to source a set of suspension
    > front forks but my head tube is 1" threaded

    Head tubes aren't ever threaded. Only forks & headset are.

    > and all I can find are 1.125" unthreaded. I think I might be able to fit 1" unthreaded with a
    > new headset

    (and stem) Don't see why not.

    > but finding anything in 1" is proving difficult.

    I know nuffink about sus forks but I've found some 1" jobs at at http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ [readers
    here think I get paid for plugging this company! I do not and have no connection with then
    whatsoever; just am a very occasional customer] .....eg. Marzocchi MX Comp ETA - 2003

    Also, have a browse through: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/categories.asp?category=Forks (I
    couldn't find any after a quick look, but check them out, and try emailing/phoning)

    > PS Aparently I've been told to note that I don't wear bibshorts

    No, no, you've got that wrong. You need to don some bibs and spend a week cycling all over
    Norfolk :)

    ~PB