Fork problem

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Bristan, Oct 20, 2003.

  1. Bristan

    Bristan Guest

    Have lost the oil from one of my Rockshock judy XC 2002 front forks (left it
    uside down overnight while working on the cranks)
    Would anyone know how much oil they take and where do you put it in/get it
    out?
    .. Manual says check the web site for oil details... but I can't find
    anything except a reprint of the manual which says check the web site for
    oil details.
    TIA

    Tags:

  2. hippy

    hippy Guest

  3. Jose Rizal

    Jose Rizal Guest

    hippy:

    > Why does the www.rockshox.com take me to the Sram site?

    SRAM bought Rockshox.

  4. Bikesoiler

    Bikesoiler Guest

    Bristan wrote:
    > Have lost the oil from one of my Rockshock judy XC 2002 front forks
    > (left it uside down overnight while working on the cranks)

    If the oil leaked out like that it could be time for new seals etc.

    --
    Regards Michael

    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

    Regards Michael

    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

    http://www.cyclingforums.com

  5. Bristan

    Bristan Guest

    "Bikesoiler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Bristan wrote:
    > > Have lost the oil from one of my Rockshock judy XC 2002 front forks
    > > (left it uside down overnight while working on the cranks)

    > If the oil leaked out like that it could be time for new seals etc.

    Michael
    You could be right there...
    Fortunately the good people at SRAM emailed me the service manual for the
    forks.
    Surprisingly, the right leg has most of the oil (160 cc)
    The left leg has a small amount of oil in top and bottom (10cc and 30cc).
    This leg uses air pressure as well
    regards