Fork SR Suntour

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Red T, Jul 1, 2003.

  1. Red T

    Red T Guest

    Dear Friends of Cycling, i need help i use a SR SUNTOUR M9050 fork in my Bike. Since a week it has
    lost its whole suspension, the fork hardly moves up and down. The springs in it are in in prestine
    condition (just a little old). Can anybody give me repair instructions for this fork. Thank you RedT

    Tags:

  2. Andy Wilson

    Andy Wilson Guest

    [email protected] (Red T) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Dear Friends of Cycling, i need help i use a SR SUNTOUR M9050 fork in my Bike. Since a week it
    > has lost its whole suspension, the fork hardly moves up and down. The springs in it are in in
    > prestine condition (just a little old). Can anybody give me repair instructions for this fork.
    > Thank you RedT

    Hi I stripped a pair of these forks and changed the springs last week. Take the forks off the bike,
    turn them upside down and you'll see a 5mm allen bolt at the bottom of each leg. undo these, then
    pull the crown part away from the fork legs. the crown will come out with both springs still
    attached to the bottom. You then unsrew the springs from the crown, then unsrew the nylon retainers
    from the bottom of each spring (this may take some muscle power, or a vice and pair of pliers!!)
    Then you can slip out the elastomers and replace elastomers and or springs if nessecary. Clean and
    regrerase, reassemble in the reverse order of dissasembly, and refit the forks. This job took me
    40mins 30 off which was trying to unscrew the nylon retainers :))

    Good luck!!!!!