Fork Suspension Manitou Skareb leaking Oil

kiwipride

Jun 20, 2006
Hi my Manitou Skareb elite 2005 is leaking oil from bottom right hand leg casing(when sitting on bike).Around where the rebound adj knob is.The knob also moves in and out slightly when pressure is put on fork and can hear a wet noise(think is oil escaping).Is this just a oil leak?If just that need to get a O ring kit to fix?Or is the rebound damping unit to blame.If anyone else has had or knows of this problem please help and how to fix.All help on this issue wolud be greatly appricated.

kiwipride said:
Hi my Manitou Skareb elite 2005 is leaking oil from bottom right hand leg casing(when sitting on bike).Around where the rebound adj knob is.The knob also moves in and out slightly when pressure is put on fork and can hear a wet noise(think is oil escaping).Is this just a oil leak?If just that need to get a O ring kit to fix?Or is the rebound damping unit to blame.If anyone else has had or knows of this problem please help and how to fix.All help on this issue wolud be greatly appricated.

Hi
This has been happening to my 5 month old Manitou Slice - just put it into the shop to get the guy to have alook at it - if I hear any word back I'll let you know, but it was definitely coming from the same point that you mentioned.

thanks mate please let me know what happens with your fork

frankconnell said:
Hi
This has been happening to my 5 month old Manitou Slice - just put it into the shop to get the guy to have alook at it - if I hear any word back I'll let you know, but it was definitely coming from the same point that you mentioned.