fork touching frame

Ch Lamprecht

Guest
Hi,

I replaced the fork of a bike (changed from Rock-Shox Dart100 to Rock-Shox
Pike). Now when I try to turn the steerer backwards, the U-Turn (on the left)
and flood-gate adjuster (on the right) hit the lower tube of the frame.
Does anybody know a solution to this problem? I thought of placing a 30mm diam.
spacer (3mm height) between the lower headset cone and the forks crown...

Thank you for any suggestions, Chris

On May 25, 2:15 am, Ch Lamprecht <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I replaced the fork of a bike (changed from Rock-Shox Dart100 to Rock-Shox
> Pike). Now when I try to turn the steerer backwards, the U-Turn (on the left)
> and flood-gate adjuster (on the right) hit the lower tube of the frame.
> Does anybody know a solution to this problem? I thought of placing a 30mm diam.
> spacer (3mm height) between the lower headset cone and the forks crown...
>
> Thank you for any suggestions, Chris

Some HS makers have a lower race extender for this very problem. Chris
King for example.

In article <[email protected]>, Ch Lamprecht <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I replaced the fork of a bike (changed from Rock-Shox Dart100 to
> Rock-Shox Pike). Now when I try to turn the steerer backwards, the
> U-Turn (on the left) and flood-gate adjuster (on the right) hit the
> lower tube of the frame. Does anybody know a solution to this
> problem? I thought of placing a 30mm diam. spacer (3mm height)
> between the lower headset cone and the forks crown...
>
> Thank you for any suggestions, Chris

Don't turn the steerer backwards.