Fork upgrade or new bike?

Allen And Sharo

Guest
Hi,

I have a 98 Raleigh M-400 with a Rock Shox Indy C on the front. It's time for a new fork but,
after checking on some of the prices I'm wondering if it's time to move up to a full suspension
bike. First off, if you could give me some ideas and prices for a fork upgrade that would be
cool. I ride mostly in Pa. and W.Va. I don't ride too crazy anymore but I do beat the bike
pretty hard. I don't need a top of the line fork but something better than a Indy C is a must.
I'd like to keep it within $200.00 or so. Next, if the fork upgrade isn't a good idea, what's a
good entry leve full suspension bike? I've considered the Diamondack Coil SS, the Giant Warp DS3
and the Fuji Discovery series. Are there any others, for around $500.00 that I might consider?

Thanks, Al

Allen and Sharon Nichols wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a 98 Raleigh M-400 with a Rock Shox Indy C on the front. It's time for a new fork but,
> after checking on some of the prices I'm wondering if it's time to move up to a full
> suspension bike. First off, if you could give me some ideas and prices for a fork upgrade that
> would be cool. I ride mostly in Pa. and W.Va. I don't ride too crazy anymore but I do beat the
> bike pretty hard. I don't need a top of the line fork but something better than a Indy C is a
> must. I'd like to keep it within $200.00 or so. Next, if the fork upgrade isn't a good idea,
> what's a good entry leve full suspension bike? I've considered the Diamondack Coil SS, the
> Giant Warp DS3 and the Fuji Discovery series. Are there any others, for around $500.00 that I
> might consider?
>
> Thanks, Al

what would be your budget for so-called entry level FS bike?

penny

Penny S. wrote:

>> Next, if the fork upgrade isn't a good idea, what's a good entry leve full suspension bike?
>> I've considered the Diamondack Coil SS, the Giant Warp DS3 and the Fuji Discovery series. Are
>> there any others, for around $500.00 that I might consider?
>>

> what would be your budget for so-called entry level FS bike?

Think you eye-sight's going Penny :^)

Take a look at his / her final line - the one you wrote just below.

To the OP - don't buy a FS for $500, it just isn't worth it. Get yourself a decent HT, or if you're
happy with your current bike, just upgrade the fork to a low level Marzocchi.

Allen and Sharon Nichols wrote:
> but I do beat the bike pretty hard. I don't need a top of the line fork but something better than
> a Indy C is a must. I'd like to keep it within $200.00 or so.

Check out the offerings at jensonusa.com they often have good blow out prices on forks. (fx. they
have a Shiver for $850 - that's not for you but just an example)

> Next, if the fork upgrade isn't a good idea, what's a good entry leve full suspension bike?
> I've considered the Diamondack Coil SS, the Giant Warp DS3 and the Fuji Discovery series. Are
> there any others, for around $500.00 that I might consider?

No, at $500 you should look on ebay for a used one instead. A new decent FS doesn't come much
under $1000.

Regardless what you do check it out on www.mtbr.com before buying.

Kind regards

Bruno