Forks And Components

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Kris Osborn, Apr 29, 2006.

  1. Kris Osborn

    Kris Osborn Guest

    Are Ritchey forks good? and how does simano compare to campagnolo?

    Thanks

    Tags:

  2. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    Kris Osborn wrote:
    > Are Ritchey forks good? and how does simano compare to campagnolo?
    >
    > Thanks

    depends less syllables welcome

    bill "channeling gene" s

  3. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Kris Osborn" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Are Ritchey forks good? and how does simano compare to campagnolo?
    >
    > Thanks

    Yes. They had better be, for the price. "simano" doesn't exist, while
    "Campagnolo" is in Italy.

    Be more specific,

  4. Werehatrack

    Werehatrack Guest

    On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 04:00:45 GMT, "Kris Osborn"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Are Ritchey forks good?

    Great for securely attaching a wheel to a frame in a steerable manner;
    lousy for serving salad at a wedding reception. Usefulness may vary
    between those extremes.

    >and how does simano compare to campagnolo?

    Lexically, they have correspondence at the third character, and the
    second string is longer; both terminate with the same character.

    Oh, you meant "How does Shimano compare to Campagnolo?" Well, they're
    different companies with different philosophies. Campy apparently
    believes in changing things only where they can produce something that
    solves a problem and/or makes the product more attractive to the
    buyer. Shimano appears to think that changing things just to be
    different is an equally valid approach. Campy will use carbon fiber
    in places that Shimano won't (yet), and Campy will sell you the fiddly
    bits to fix your older setup while Shimano largely won't. Each of
    them has their adherents and their detractors; sometimes, these are
    the same people. To get more specific answers, it is necessary to ask
    about particular models of Shamano and Campy...and be prepared for an
    answer of "They're both good, but..."
    --
    Typoes are a feature, not a bug.