Forks for sale??

byron27

New Member
Oct 19, 2003
Leaving Hotham today after the climbing camp we get 100 metres down the road and all of a sudden i can see my bike from the passenger side window. Thinking that that can not be good i get out to find i hadnt tightened the skewer enough and the bike has dropped out snapping off one of the arms of my fork dropouts. bah!!

Anyone know of a set of carbon forks going cheap around the melbourne parts?
I can get away with spending about 300 i guess.

it is a 58cm frame so the steerer will have to be fairly long...

On Feb 25, 4:43 pm, byron27 <byron27.2mj...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> Leaving Hotham today after the climbing camp we get 100 metres down the
> road and all of a sudden i can see my bike from the passenger side
> window. Thinking that that can not be good i get out to find i hadnt
> tightened the skewer enough and the bike has dropped out snapping off
> one of the arms of my fork dropouts. bah!!
>
> Anyone know of a set of carbon forks going cheap around the melbourne
> parts?
> I can get away with spending about 300 i guess.
>
> it is a 58cm frame so the steerer will have to be fairly long...
>
> --
> byron27

No forks, but I have got some tie-downs ... ;-)

Bummer!

On Feb 25, 5:43 pm, byron27 <byron27.2mj...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> Leaving Hotham today after the climbing camp we get 100 metres down the
> road and all of a sudden i can see my bike from the passenger side
> window. Thinking that that can not be good i get out to find i hadnt
> tightened the skewer enough and the bike has dropped out snapping off
> one of the arms of my fork dropouts. bah!!
>
> Anyone know of a set of carbon forks going cheap around the melbourne
> parts?
> I can get away with spending about 300 i guess.
>
> it is a 58cm frame so the steerer will have to be fairly long...

I'll see what I can rustle up for you.

byron27 said:
Leaving Hotham today after the climbing camp we get 100 metres down the road and all of a sudden i can see my bike from the passenger side window.

ouch! That'd hurt more than the wasp/bee vs forehead I had on the very top of Hotham this morning!

The rest of the bike ok?

gplama said:
ouch! That'd hurt more than the wasp/bee vs forehead I had on the very top of Hotham this morning!

The rest of the bike ok?
yeah, it bounced off the top of the car! kind off lucky for me. Not so lucky for simon's car...

I had an incident on the way down to toll booth with a bee as well. He got caught in my ear but luckily didnt deliver the final blow.

byron27 said:
I had an incident on the way down to toll booth with a bee as well. He got caught in my ear but luckily didnt deliver the final blow.

My head is now looking like I've just stepped out of a botox clinic... I could easily sue for workplace harassment with all the names I've been called this morning... :)

On Feb 26, 12:39 pm, gplama <gplama.2ml...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> byron27 Wrote:
>

> > I had an incident on the way down to toll booth with a bee as well. He
> > got caught in my ear but luckily didnt deliver the final blow.

> My head is now looking like I've just stepped out of a botox clinic...
> I could easily sue for workplace harassment with all the names I've
> been called this morning... :)

I checked the CA insurance policy rates ... if you lose an eye from
it, you get $3000. That'll just about get you a powertap SL 2.4 :)

Bleve said:
I checked the CA insurance policy rates ... if you lose an eye from
it, you get $3000. That'll just about get you a powertap SL 2.4 :)

hahah, nice... I am kind of lucky it hit me high on the forehead.. anywhere on the face or eyes would have been interesting (or at least a few days off work!) hurmph!

byron27 said:
it is a 58cm frame so the steerer will have to be fairly long...
Shame that. I've got a set of carbon forks lying around with a 164mm steerer. I'd have given that to you as it is of no use to me (too short a steerer). I don't want to throw it away as that's just plain wasteful.

Lotte

Bleve said:
I checked the CA insurance policy rates ... if you lose an eye from it, you get $3000. That'll just about get you a powertap SL 2.4 :)

Only $3,000 for an eye? I could get more on the black market! Sheez...

On Feb 26, 2:51 pm, LotteBum <LotteBum.2ml...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> byron27 Wrote:> it is a 58cm frame so the steerer will have to be fairly long...
>
> Shame that. I've got a set of carbon forks lying around with a 164mm
> steerer. I'd have given that to you as it is of no use to me (too
> short a steerer). I don't want to throw it away as that's just plain
> wasteful.
>
> Lotte
>
> --
> LotteBum

Lotte, there's a bike recycling shop on Montague Rd in West End. I
leave my superseded bits on their doorstep.

Donga

"LotteBum" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> byron27 Wrote:
>> it is a 58cm frame so the steerer will have to be fairly long...

> Shame that. I've got a set of carbon forks lying around with a 164mm
> steerer. I'd have given that to you as it is of no use to me (too
> short a steerer). I don't want to throw it away as that's just plain
> wasteful.
>
> Lotte

If it's a 1¼" threadless steerer and suits short reach calipers with 700C
rims, what'll you take for it? I've got a 105 caliper that I dearly want to
get onto the front of the commuter but I can't afford RRP for a set of forks
at the moment. (stupid house buying *grumbles*)

"byron27" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Leaving Hotham today after the climbing camp we get 100 metres down the
> road and all of a sudden i can see my bike from the passenger side
> window. Thinking that that can not be good i get out to find i hadnt
> tightened the skewer enough and the bike has dropped out snapping off
> one of the arms of my fork dropouts. bah!!
>
> Anyone know of a set of carbon forks going cheap around the melbourne
> parts?
> I can get away with spending about 300 i guess.
>
> it is a 58cm frame so the steerer will have to be fairly long...
>

> --
> byron27

I was at a old friends place today to purchase some TDF team clothes for
$125 for bib'n brace and the top, when he asked if I wanted some carbon
forks.

He showed me 3 boxes full of them and said he would sell them for about $40
ea, he had both full carbon and alloy steerer tube ones.

He also offered me some prolite carbon wheels for $700 a set, I was very
tempted but as they were only clinchers with a shimano compatible cassette I
said I would have to think about it.

SomeGuy wrote:
> Bleve Wrote:
>> I checked the CA insurance policy rates ... if you lose an eye from
>> it, you get $3000. That'll just about get you a powertap SL 2.4 :)

> Only $3,000 for an eye? I could get more on the black market! Sheez...

When you lose an eye, black is what you get.
My brother lost an eye in a work incident in 1965 and got $2000, enough to
buy a new car.

Theo

Resound said:
If it's a 1¼" threadless steerer and suits short reach calipers with 700C rims, what'll you take for it? I've got a 105 caliper that I dearly want to get onto the front of the commuter but I can't afford RRP for a set of forks
at the moment. (stupid house buying *grumbles*)
I think it's 1 1/8" threadless, but I'll check with Paulie. If that's the case, you can have it - just pay for shipping :)

Donga said:
Lotte, there's a bike recycling shop on Montague Rd in West End. I
leave my superseded bits on their doorstep.

Donga
In a cane basket, wrapped in swaddling clothes?? Its sooo hard to give the kids away sin't it? :eek:

On Feb 27, 10:15 am, monsterman <monsterman.2mn...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> Donga Wrote:
>
> > Lotte, there's a bike recycling shop on Montague Rd in West End. I
> > leave my superseded bits on their doorstep.

> > Donga

> In a cane basket, wrapped in swaddling clothes?? Its sooo hard to give
> the kids away sin't it? :eek:
>
> --
> monsterman

.... not to mention my gonads!

Resound said:
If it's a 1¼" threadless steerer and suits short reach calipers with 700C rims, what'll you take for it? I've got a 105 caliper that I dearly want to get onto the front of the commuter but I can't afford RRP for a set of forks
at the moment. (stupid house buying *grumbles*)
Sorry, Paulie just confirmed that it's 1 1/8".

I don't really want to take it to that place in West End - I'd rather give it to someone without a middle man making money out of it.... anything that's been ridden by me is priceless.

Lotte

"LotteBum" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Resound Wrote:
>> If it's a 1¼" threadless steerer and suits short reach calipers with
>> 700C rims, what'll you take for it? I've got a 105 caliper that I
>> dearly want to get onto the front of the commuter but I can't afford
>> RRP for a set of forks
>> at the moment. (stupid house buying *grumbles*)

> Sorry, Paulie just confirmed that it's 1 1/8".
>
> I don't really want to take it to that place in West End - I'd rather
> give it to someone without a middle man making money out of it....
> anything that's been ridden by me is priceless.
>
> Lotte

*cheers*

Contact me offlist with how much shipping is and account details and I'll
transfer the cash to you soonest.

I'll have to respread the karma around and offload some stuff. The only
halfway useful stuff I've got going unloved at the moment though is a pair
of 8spd Sora brifters.

Resound said:
*cheers*

Contact me offlist with how much shipping is and account details and I'll
transfer the cash to you soonest.

I'll have to respread the karma around and offload some stuff. The only
halfway useful stuff I've got going unloved at the moment though is a pair
of 8spd Sora brifters.
No worries. I'll bring it to work tomorrow, wrap it in bubble wrap and ship it in my lunchtime.

What's your e-mail address?

Ciao,
LH