forks

jmitting

Nov 14, 2003
I was thinking about upgrading my forks (already) does anyone know of problems with Manitou six forks?. Im wanting to upgrade from RST cappa T4's , standard on Aus 2004 Rincons.Suggestions?:confused:

I'll take it then that the most opinionated bunch of geeks I know of have no opinion or knowlege of this?

Check out the Marzzochi MX Comp. It's a ride it and forget it fork for $200-250. The Six looks fragile by comparioson.

Originally posted by cRock
Check out the Marzzochi MX Comp. It's a ride it and forget it fork for $200-250. The Six looks fragile by comparioson.

Thanks cRock I'll do that . I was looking at the six on the basis of availability, but I hear rumours of fragility. Marzocchi have an enviable reputation.

Originally posted by jmitting
Thanks cRock I'll do that . I was looking at the six on the basis of availability, but I hear rumours of fragility. Marzocchi have an enviable reputation.

I have to start with this: I am a HUGE Marzocchi fan. I now have 3 sets and will likely not move on to another brand (it would take one kick-ass fork to make me switch). Having said/typed that, Manitou does make some good forks (the six NOT being one). The RST's should really be avoided, especially as a replacement fork.

Sounds like you are getting the Marzocchis, good call. If price is an issue then look at used forks. Even if the seals are blown you can rebuild them and change the oil for under $50 and have "new" forks. The ECC and damping cartridges get a bit pricey to replace, but rarely **** out. Chekc out ebay and the local shops for people shedding old parts. Take care, ride well, and happy holidays!

K.

Thanks ireman_1, I have been looking about e-bay for marzocchi's and they are there. One problem I have is knowing which model is/does what, especially with older models. But this looks like the path.

Cheers, Jeff.

id definatley go marzocchi's they're not to light but the mx comp with eta best fork i have ever put on a bike

the manitou sixes are an OEM fork, meaning you cannot buy them aftermarket, they are only coming on complete bike from the manufacturer.

I was thinking about upgrading my forks (already) does anyone know of problems with Manitou six forks?. Im wanting to upgrade from RST cappa T4's , standard on Aus 2004 Rincons.Suggestions?:confused:

marzocchi EXR

marzocchi EXR

marzocchi EXR

I think the question has been answered. Thank you all for your advice, I will, as soon as I can, be buying a set of Marzocchi's probably from ebay.

Cheers Jeff

I'll give you a few reasons not to put the Marzocchi on your rig.

1. Headtube angle. Your RST has 74mm of travel; the Marzocchi has 85-105. Your bike geometry will be affected.
2. Performance increase per $$$. You could get a Manitou Black for less with External rebound instead of Internal. The Manitou would be torsionally more stiff.
3. You are trying to polish a turd. The Rincon is an entry price bike. Leave it at that. You are better off saving that $100-$250 and putting it toward a better bike.
4. Velonews.
http://www.velonews.com/tech/report/articles/5546.0.html