Forming a Local Group Ride,Preston/Chorley,Lancashire

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by cyclecraig, Sep 2, 2010.

1. cyclecraig

cyclecraig New Member

Hi
    I am looking for any local riders who would be interested in meeting up through the winter for socialable Sunday Runs out to the Cafes at Waddington,Oakenclough & Dunsop Bridge.
    The meeting point will be The Pines Hotel on the A6 in Clayton Le Woods probably at 8.30am for a 8.45am push off.

The idea for the future is to build the numbers of the group and enjoy riding through the winter and at some point in the future form our own cycle club.
    I already have a sponsor in Onix Bikes ( www.onixbikes.co.uk ) for the club if we decided to do it.

The club name will be chosen by the members and the kit will be sponsored and provided by the bike manufacturer Onix Bikes.

Members will decide on the club membership fee structure and appointment of a club secretary and any other positions within the club itself.

My main aim is to build a group of people who enjoy riding together and to use Onix Bikes as a sponsor to help the club establish itself.

The 1st ride is going to be on Sunday 15th September, there may only be a few of us at 1st but we have to start somewhere.

Thanks and I Look forward to meeting you.
    Craig

Tags:

2. cyclecraig

cyclecraig New Member

Correction

1st Ride will be on the 19th of September...

Craig

3. SmutMunki

SmutMunki New Member

Did this ever start up?

4. swampy1970

swampy1970 Well-Known Member

You can't have clubruns in the North West that don't go to the Prior Cafe in Scorton...

... that'd be like taking the Queens tea 'n biscuits.