Forming New Team

bakstreet

Apr 2, 2007
I was wondering if anyone could help me out with info on forming a new team. What are the requirements and such. I've been all over USA Cycling and can't find anything. I'm not sure if I'm overlooking it or what but I've come up empty handed. I was hoping some of you maybe had done this and could offer up some info.

Thanks

Hey!
I am actually in the process of starting a collegiate team at my university. Here is the biggest help that I have found..... Contact other teams. Ask them what they did. I know that forming a college team is much different from what you are trying to do, but if you go onto the USA Cycling website, you can find other teams and how to contact them. Find a nice, well organized local team and talk to them about what it will take. Likely, it will be a long process, so find your core group of riders right away and talk together about what you all want to get out of this experience. Draft up a team constitution that each member will sign. Show organization, this will always help when trying to find sponsorships and in your process of cirtification.

Best of luck!!!

- Eben