Forte Carbon Road pedal

rparedes

Jul 21, 2007
Any users out there? could not find any reviews on Forte Carbon Road pedal...
Any comments?

I believe the Forte line of bicycling gear is sold mainly though Performance Cycling. I don't know much about the Fortes specifically, but I have gone to Performance Cycling stores and although they carry some big name brands, much of their inventory is geared towards entry level and budget-conscious bikers. They do not carry very much high end stuff.

rparedes said:
Any users out there? could not find any reviews on Forte Carbon Road pedal...
Any comments?

lohsnest said:
I believe the Forte line of bicycling gear is sold mainly though Performance Cycling. I don't know much about the Fortes specifically, but I have gone to Performance Cycling stores and although they carry some big name brands, much of their inventory is geared towards entry level and budget-conscious bikers. They do not carry very much high end stuff.
Thanks but I'm very familiar with Performance stores and Nashbar. I was just wondering how this pedal rates. Some of the reviews on their Pro pedal are mixed. It seems they are hard to unclip... the store mechanic told me it is true (about the Pro model) but if you use a Look cleat they work great... He did not know about their carbon pedal, though.
It sounds good: titanium axle, 3 sets of bearings, very light, on sale plus 20% off.
Anybody?

rparedes said:
Thanks but I'm very familiar with Performance stores and Nashbar. I was just wondering how this pedal rates. Some of the reviews on their Pro pedal are mixed. It seems they are hard to unclip... the store mechanic told me it is true (about the Pro model) but if you use a Look cleat they work great... He did not know about their carbon pedal, though.
It sounds good: titanium axle, 3 sets of bearings, very light, on sale plus 20% off.
Anybody?
I can't answer this from personal experience but a riding buddy recently purchased these pedals and he is pleased with them. He says that they are not really too hard to unclip from and compares them to Look 3.1 pedals. Come to think of it, I think he is still using his Look cleats. Sorry that this is just second hand knowledge.

kdelong said:
I can't answer this from personal experience but a riding buddy recently purchased these pedals and he is pleased with them. He says that they are not really too hard to unclip from and compares them to Look 3.1 pedals. Come to think of it, I think he is still using his Look cleats. Sorry that this is just second hand knowledge.

thanks!