forum use questions

cheechee

New Member
Aug 2, 2004
How come the search feature NEVER works?
Is there another way to research a topic?
How come when I reply to a thread the thread comes up instead of a blank message box?:mad:

"cheechee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> How come the search feature NEVER works?
> Is there another way to research a topic?
> How come when I reply to a thread the thread comes up instead of a
> blank message box?:mad:

Search seems to work just fine for me ( Outlook Express )

There is an option in O.E. that allows you to include or exclude the text of
the original message.
look under tools, options, send and there is a tick box called "include
message n reply"

Naomi

Naomi said:
"cheechee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> How come the search feature NEVER works?
> Is there another way to research a topic?
> How come when I reply to a thread the thread comes up instead of a
> blank message box?:mad:

Search seems to work just fine for me ( Outlook Express )

There is an option in O.E. that allows you to include or exclude the text of
the original message.
look under tools, options, send and there is a tick box called "include
message n reply"

Outlook Express is not on this computer,I am refering to Cyclingforums.com.

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 21:57:59 +1000, cheechee
<[email protected]> wrote:

>How come the search feature NEVER works?
>Is there another way to research a topic?
>How come when I reply to a thread the thread comes up instead of a
>blank message box?:mad:

Almost no-one here uses the cycleforums interface, so there will be
few helpful answers if any. If you want to use a web interface, switch
over to using <www.unicyclist.com/forums>. This is where most of us
feel their 'home' is. The search facility there usually works.
Personally, however, I prefer the search facility of Google Groups
since it is a lot more versatile, and quicker too! (Although it has
its cons as well.)

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
"The more you think, the less you have to do. - Leo Vandewoestijne"

<[email protected]> wrote:

>How come the search feature NEVER works?
>Is there another way to research a topic?
>How come when I reply to a thread the thread comes up instead of a
>blank message box?:mad:

Almost no-one here uses the cycleforums interface, so there will be
few helpful answers if any. If you want to use a web interface, switch
over to using <www.unicyclist.com/forums>. This is where most of us
feel their 'home' is. The search facility there usually works.
Personally, however, I prefer the search facility of Google Groups
since it is a lot more versatile, and quicker too! (Although it has
its cons as well.)

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
THANK YOU Klaas Bil for delivering me from the Bizzaro world uni site and bringing me home to my proper dimension.

Use unicyclist.com to view the forum. It is the fastest and most user
friendly interface.

If you are going to search something you know was on in the past few
days, the search function on unicyclist.com works well, if not a bit
slow at some times. If you are searching something older, use google
groups. Google groups is faster and stores all the posts for very long
time (anyone know exactly how long?). When you find the thread you want
on google groups, you can click a link on the bottom of a post to view
it in unicyclist.com.

--
daino149 - How's it going, Texas?

Check out my pics: www.unicyclist.com/gallery/daino Updated: 04.07.03
Kaena
Bugman - "if you are a little left of them, it would seem like they are
on the right"
Sig count: 2

04.05.23 11214
04.05.25 11284
04.05.26 11329

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 12:08:27 -0500, "daino149" wrote:

>Google groups is faster and stores all the posts for very long
>time (anyone know exactly how long?).

Unless Google change their mind (or disaster happens): forever.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
"The more you think, the less you have to do. - Leo Vandewoestijne"